Effective Target distance for Trimble RW

Discuss Trimble hardware here.
patmarrin
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Patrick A Marrin
Company Details: Poznecki Camarillo Inc.
Company Position Title: Sr. Geomatics Technician
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Effective Target distance for Trimble RW

Post by patmarrin »

Does anyone have the specs on the effective distance for the various sized target spheres from the scanner that will register accurately using the TX8 and Realworks?
tlubic
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: todd lubic
Company Details: TerraSurv Inc
Company Position Title: Party Chief

Re: Effective Target distance for Trimble RW

Post by tlubic »

I am planning on doing some testing with my TX8 and two size sphere targets. Most of our work, we use survey work flow to register scans. Last week I was on a small site to acquire scan data used for a topo survey. Some of my set ups were two far and I was using level one scan parameters, so a few targets didn't show in the cloud. I will post findings after finding some time to do this test.
patmarrin
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Patrick A Marrin
Company Details: Poznecki Camarillo Inc.
Company Position Title: Sr. Geomatics Technician

Re: Effective Target distance for Trimble RW

Post by patmarrin »

tlubic wrote:I am planning on doing some testing with my TX8 and two size sphere targets. Most of our work, we use survey work flow to register scans. Last week I was on a small site to acquire scan data used for a topo survey. Some of my set ups were two far and I was using level one scan parameters, so a few targets didn't show in the cloud. I will post findings after finding some time to do this test.
Any info you come up with would be great! we are getting ready to scan about a mile of Right-of-way and am in the planning stages. not real sure with TX8 how far i can push my targets out and still get a good registration.. thanks for any advice.

Return to “Trimble”