Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Has anyone done lifetime cost calculation for the x7 vs rtc360 vs blk360

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Ioannis wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:35 pm
stutosney wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:51 am

Sums up Leica's business plan perfectly :D
When i read these prices they ask for their software and add-on packages it really blows my mind. A while ago i read something about a 2500€ annual fee to extract panoramic images from a blk360. WTF!
My friend you are right that Riegl is a great instrument but let's take a look at the riegl maintenance service A is for 3000 hours and a second every 10 years or 15.000 hours.
I don't know the prices for maintenance of the vz400 which is an older instrument. For the vz400i this is definitely not the case but i was talking about software prices, not hardware. I even don't even want to hear those from Leica as i know the Faro maintenance plans which are also very expensive for a bad service.

I hear people are spending thousands a year for all these Leica software add-ons. I pay a merely 1500€ a year maintenance and am up to date and can deliver all the data i want. I can easily stop maintenance on software and keep working for years with my current versions.
Buying a blk for 15k and then having to cough up another 2500 a year to export panoramic images is ridiculous.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

yep.. that is what I also noticed once I got into the Leica game. But they scanners produce really nice clean data.
Apparently some say the opposite and like Faro instead. Althought for speed and quality nothing can beat an RTC360 or is there something else?

I am intrigued by the X7 though.
AJB2015
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Amanda Bradshaw
Company Details: KOREC Group
Company Position Title: Marketing and Engagement Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by AJB2015 »

steves01x wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:47 pm How do you produce an annual calibration certificate for a self calibrating machine to keep clients happy as some of the larger frameworks want copies/require calibration within the last 12 months!?

Also a calculation that could amount to a massive saving, especially on non colour jobs the RTC360 speed indoors.... less time on site and on to the next job.

The X7 is a very nice all round scanner though!
Hi Seves01x! Yes you can produce a calibration certificate from the X7 whenever you need to show it to a client. Here's a link with a quick video showing you how.

youtu.be/KiUDQQ49_Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiUDQQ49_Do

Many thanks, Amanda

Return to “Trimble”