I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tatiana Livshits
Company Details: Arini Geographics
Company Position Title: Geospacial Operation Associate
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Georeferencing indoor point cloud from BLK 360

Post by LITA_232 »

Hello everyone,

Our company is trying to find a way to use our BLK 360 with maximum efficiency. So far we are trying to solve the problem of georeferencing indoor point cloud. Initial conditions: we have BLK 360 (and Cyclone Register 360) and Trimble R2 GNSS receiver. The question is has this problem (georeferencing) been already solved in a routine manner, or there must be a custom solution every time? We do not have access to any survey data. So far the idea is to georeference the outdoor contour of a building, and then try to connect indoor point cloud to it. I am trying to understand does this task makes sense or not. If so, is there a standard solution? I totally understand it could be a matter of company’s private information, so I’d like to know in general if it is possible or not.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: Georeferencing indoor point cloud from BLK 360

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

This is how i do it all the time. I scan outside, tie it in with a geodetic coordinatesystem through gnss or total station (or combo with control of levels through a digital level).

Inside is always tied in with exterior and closed through a minimum of 3 openings (front door, back door) and a window if possible.

If you're doing multi storey buildings you would need survey control on each floor (especially with a blk), done with total station.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
LITA_232
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tatiana Livshits
Company Details: Arini Geographics
Company Position Title: Geospacial Operation Associate

Post by LITA_232 »

Thank you so much for the answer
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:09 am This is how i do it all the time. I scan outside, tie it in with a geodetic coordinatesystem through gnss or total station (or combo with control of levels through a digital level).

Inside is always tied in with exterior and closed through a minimum of 3 openings (front door, back door) and a window if possible.

If you're doing multi storey buildings you would need survey control on each floor (especially with a blk), done with total station.
Am I right that black and white targets with determined coordinates needed to be used? Are they like circles mounted on a tripod?
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by VXGrid »

LITA_232 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:02 am Thank you so much for the answer
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:09 am This is how i do it all the time. I scan outside, tie it in with a geodetic coordinatesystem through gnss or total station (or combo with control of levels through a digital level).

Am I right that black and white targets with determined coordinates needed to be used? Are they like circles mounted on a tripod?
You can use either, but checkerboardtargets can be measured a lot easier with a total station or a gps

Return to “Leica Geosystems”