Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BLK360 Download Cable

Post by gsisman »

badam wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:03 pm
jsteinert wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:52 pm Ipad to pc with Ethernet is OK. Just be sure to get the adapter that can charge the ipad at same time. We dont see substantial speed boost compared to our office WIFI, but it does make a difference when public WIFI is only option.
I would only see a BLK360 cable solution a benefit if you aren't using Field360 to link scans. Scans saved to scanner are backup for us.

Does the BLK360 transfer cable power the device like the 2Go?
unless they implement the same/similar lwpo procedure as the rtc360 which would be good. but lets wait for the official release and see how it works.

we usually not use the field360 especialy not for the blk. with rtc we use it sometimes but not much. Mostly when geotags required.
Yeah, If it could read the Field 360 DB's and then let you choose which ones to import. If you have quite a few jobs on your Field 360 app it takes quite a while to read the data and then you have to deselect the unwanted projects for BLK data. A better logic would be a very fast initial read of projects, choose the project and then show details in left pane, then import at high lightening/USB3 speed. We'll see......
tkm
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Kevin O
Company Details: Technical Officer
Company Position Title: Technical Officer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by tkm »

Seems like a great improvement for backing up raw scans. Disappointing that as an earlier adopter that all our BLKs need a factory upgrade to use.

If it requires a USB-C to Ethernet cable, wouldn't you better off with existing option of plugging the cable from PC to FIELD iPad? (instead of PC to BLK)

That way you get your field registrations and tags as well. And no special upgrade required (as long as you can tolerate the wireless relationship between BLK and iPad).
3dhermit
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jake Martinez
Company Details: SCANAMATICS
Company Position Title: OWNER
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by 3dhermit »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am I am not party to any of that information.

Details will be available soon.
I have a older model with the usb-c connector is blocked with a cover and serial number is not in range. Will this unit need to be sent in? Who should I contact in US to get info on this? Thanks!
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

3dhermit wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:12 pm
pburrows145 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am I am not party to any of that information.

Details will be available soon.
I have a older model with the usb-c connector is blocked with a cover and serial number is not in range. Will this unit need to be sent in? Who should I contact in US to get info on this? Thanks!
i think it is still not released, but you will need to ask your sales representatives about the details, you can find the closest office on leica site.
https://leica-geosystems.com/en-us/cont ... al-service

And i'm sure you will need to send the device to them and they will send it further if its needed.

PS: It is released https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/blk360-firmware. i expected little bit more from this. if the notes are correct then i don't think it will really change much...

3mb/s instead 2 is not much different. it is 50 percent faster, but still i expected at least 5-10 times difference. and it would be still slow. We are living in gigabit and 10 gbit world and this is not even saturate a 100mbit "fast ethernet" link... Ok it should be more stable.
aalavi
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: alexander alavi
Company Details: Realtek spa
Company Position Title: Support

Post by aalavi »

Anyone tested it yet? :?:
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

aalavi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:36 pm Anyone tested it yet? :?:
i don't think anybody has a device after the given serial. I think only the new devices are supported by default. So the old devices need to be shipped to leica.

i've been told that it will be done in a maintenance procedure (service, calibration). Or if you want to send it only for this upgrade they will do a recalibration as well. And it will cost the same as the calibration.
Bjoern
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Bjoern
Company Details: Founder 3D Ibiza
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Bjoern »

I thought I briefly share my experience re upgrade of USB-C port:
I brought my BLK360 (old model, USB-C port not ready yet) to Leica Switzerland last week to open the USB-C port.
I was a bit surprised to receive the device back with a "blue-calibration" certificate - and surprised to get an invoice amounting of CHF 1055.-- (690.-- for Calibration, 290.-- for modification of USB-C port). No one told me beforehand that "upgrading" the USB-C port goes along with a device calibration.

I didn't have the time to test the device yet.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

Bjoern wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:05 pm I thought I briefly share my experience re upgrade of USB-C port:
I brought my BLK360 (old model, USB-C port not ready yet) to Leica Switzerland last week to open the USB-C port.
I was a bit surprised to receive the device back with a "blue-calibration" certificate - and surprised to get an invoice amounting of CHF 1055.-- (690.-- for Calibration, 290.-- for modification of USB-C port). No one told me beforehand that "upgrading" the USB-C port goes along with a device calibration.

I didn't have the time to test the device yet.
If you have experience with downloading (speed/stability in direct attach/infrastructure lan) then do not hesitate to share them with us. :)

Return to “Leica Geosystems”