I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tim Durham
Company Details: Midsouth Drone Services
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

What license/software is required for external camera setups

Post by TimmyD »

Can someone explain what licenses or software is required depending on what external camera source you use? I am trying to understand the workflow and all software required based on the different camera setups used. I can not buy Cyclone Model so any workflow requiring that is out. Any help on simple workflow overview will be appreciated. Looking for blend of quality and speed.

1. Using Canon 60D - 90D on external kit
I must purchase the External camera kit but I have not seen how much that cost (w/o camera). What other software or license is required? I have register 360.

2. Using Nodel Ninja with any DSLR.
If I understand correctly the Cyclone Model license is required for this?? If that is not the case what are the other options?

3. Using Istax 360 camera.
Abraham_142
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Abraham Alatriste Luna
Company Details: Ciberna
Company Position Title: Project engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: What license/software is required for external camera setups

Post by Abraham_142 »

The following license let you import external photo: Basic, Register, Model, Survey, publisher and import.

We use a Canon 80D and the nodal ninja, you also need PTGui Pro software to join the different photo to generate panoramic images. Also you need the fisheye lens we use the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 for Canon.

After a few projects I recommend to use a lighter camara, after a wile the nodal ninja tends to get lose because the weight of the camara.

The quality is noticeable, but not all the projects justify the use of these set up, it requires more time and the possibility to move the position of the camara and the scanner is real. You save some time in the field, but you need to spend that time in the office.

I hope this help you.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”