Register 360 with P40 (levelled) Data

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
HDSilva
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Hugo Silva
Company Details: TopoRigor
Company Position Title: Engenheiro Geógrafo

Register 360 with P40 (levelled) Data

Post by HDSilva »

Hello,
I have a doubt concerning Register 360.
Will register 360 recognizes Levelled Setup from a P40 scanner. And with this in mind can it link two p40 levelled setups with only 2 targets (like cyclone core)?

I ususally import p40 data into cyclone core, and RTC360 data into register 360. Now I wanted to try to import the P40 data and RTC360 into Register 360, perform the regitration an then open the same project in cyclone core to "fine tune" the registration. My concern is that I loose the levelled aspect of the P40 setups when passin in the register 360.

Any thoughts on this matter?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo
TimJervis
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Tim Jervis
Company Details: Global Survey
Company Position Title: Business Development Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Register 360 with P40 (levelled) Data

Post by TimJervis »

Hi Hugo,

Granted your on the latest versions, your P40 scans will retain their levelled status (you just won't be able to use the correct tilt tool in visual alignment) and you will also be able to constrain them with just 2 targets:

P40.JPG

You'd be better to acquire the targets and name them in the field as the fine target scans don't come through to Reg360, this will make the process a bit quicker in the office for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Tim
Carbix
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Daniel Loney
Company Details: Excelsior Measuring
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Carbix »

I think he would also need to make sure the UCS is based on the Pxx scans and not one from the RTC360.
Daniel Loney - Owner
Excelsior Measuring inc.
Vancouver - Okanagan - Calgary
www.ExcelsiorLevel.com
mikajahkola
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Mika Jahkola
Company Details: Myymore Oy
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by mikajahkola »

TimJervis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm Hi Hugo,

Granted your on the latest versions, your P40 scans will retain their levelled status (you just won't be able to use the correct tilt tool in visual alignment) and you will also be able to constrain them with just 2 targets:
Does this apply to other scanners besides Leica ? I am thinking of Faro.
My previous experience of Register 360 was that c-c registration ignored the orientations of the individual fls scans and tilted them for best match with the neighbours. This does not necessarily give good results in tight indoor spaces with long chains of interconnected scans. Trimble Realworks has the option to switch levelling on or off per scan, which has saved my day more than once. I wonder if Register 360 has something similar.
TimJervis
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Tim Jervis
Company Details: Global Survey
Company Position Title: Business Development Manager

Post by TimJervis »

mikajahkola wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:14 pm
TimJervis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm Hi Hugo,

Does this apply to other scanners besides Leica ? I am thinking of Faro.
My previous experience of Register 360 was that c-c registration ignored the orientations of the individual fls scans and tilted them for best match with the neighbours. This does not necessarily give good results in tight indoor spaces with long chains of interconnected scans. Trimble Realworks has the option to switch levelling on or off per scan, which has saved my day more than once. I wonder if Register 360 has something similar.
Hi Hugo,

You can toggle on and off "leveled" in Cyclone Core but not Register360 at this stage, I'm not familiar with what data is retained in fls files running into Reg360; however, if you have Auto Cloud ticked on this may be why it's trying to align your data itself instead of respecting the field positions. You could try importing a small amount of data and tick off all the options on the right to see if they come through in the positions you set in the field.
Regards,

Tim

Return to “Leica Geosystems”