Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

LGS Truview in JetStream Viewer

Post by steves01x »

Hi,

Not sure if there is a simple solution or work around for this:

I have some scans taken with the RTC from a friends work shop where i carried out a small demo for him. The scans are a mix of intensity only and photos - as photos would not be required on all set ups in future jobs for them.

So when i export to LGS with TruView only (no point cloud), i cannot switch the image off to view the intensity only view. I can only switch the image off if the point cloud is exported which i dont want/need.

So is there any way, i can go from the photo view to view the intensity only as per the image below:
lgs001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piotr.pioro
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Piotr Pioro
Company Details: P3D
Company Position Title: owner

Re: LGS Truview in JetStream Viewer

Post by piotr.pioro »

Hi all,

I am also wonering if there is a way to export .lgs without point clouds but in intesity mode. I can not find how to export without RGB color, anyone knows how to export .lgs without color value?

best,
Piotr
Last edited by piotr.pioro on Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

I just double-checked this and only the colour image, HDR image and IR image (when using BLK360) are available when creating an LGS with no pointcloud.

I will speak to the PM team about this.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

pburrows145 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:04 pm I just double-checked this and only the colour image, HDR image and IR image (when using BLK360) are available when creating an LGS with no pointcloud.

I will speak to the PM team about this.
Thanks - it would be very hand to be able to turn the image off to intensity only as per the example and if you have P40 data the quality from higher res scans is far better than the 360 image if zooming in to certain bits.

While we are requesting things.. :D

Site map: In Cyclone before creating LGS, create a 2 point slice through each floor to then create a site map per floor etc? So we would have the current top over view, then custom names such as Ground, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor etc? Be handy for larger sites/buildings.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

steves01x wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:41 pm Hi,

Not sure if there is a simple solution or work around for this:

I have some scans taken with the RTC from a friends work shop where i carried out a small demo for him. The scans are a mix of intensity only and photos - as photos would not be required on all set ups in future jobs for them.

So when i export to LGS with TruView only (no point cloud), i cannot switch the image off to view the intensity only view. I can only switch the image off if the point cloud is exported which i dont want/need.

So is there any way, i can go from the photo view to view the intensity only as per the image below:

lgs001.jpg
The intensity views are only visible on the scan points themselves NOT on the Panoramic images. The IR values are assigned to pixels in the photos, that is why you can see the IR values on an image as well as the RGB. The RGB assignment from the panoramic overlay, intensity multi-hue and intensity Grey are part of the pointcloud DB not the Image DB. What Leica had done with an e57 export in the past (at least to Recap) was basically what you were saying. They create a "fake" panoramic which was basically a PICTURE of the Intensity colored Point cloud. That is not the case in Jetstream as it handles the points quite nicely without any lag. Perhaps that option will be one of their "improvements" in the future versions of JS viewer.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”