V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cloudworx Model in Jetstream

Post by dineshkimraj »

Good day all, quick question; is there any way that a cloudworx model can be viewed in Jetstream with the associated pointcloud? For example, we did some scans of an oil platform and modelled some piping in Cloudworx. Can we then bring these piping into Jetstream so that we can view the models in the cloud?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Re: Cloudworx Model in Jetstream

Post by gsisman »

dineshkimraj wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 pm Good day all, quick question; is there any way that a cloudworx model can be viewed in Jetstream with the associated pointcloud? For example, we did some scans of an oil platform and modelled some piping in Cloudworx. Can we then bring these piping into Jetstream so that we can view the models in the cloud?
Dinesh

I don't believe that capability is there yet. Hopefully in the future. We'd like that also.
Another thread promoted this type of interaction (Arena4D I Think)
Right now the visualization has to take place in the CAD/Modeling program with the point cloud acting as an object in that software.
Leica uses Euclidean Technology so maybe they are working on something like this.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

dineshkimraj wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 pm Good day all, quick question; is there any way that a cloudworx model can be viewed in Jetstream with the associated pointcloud? For example, we did some scans of an oil platform and modelled some piping in Cloudworx. Can we then bring these piping into Jetstream so that we can view the models in the cloud?
This is not currently supported
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech

Post by dineshkimraj »

I think this sort of interaction would be beneficial for showing clients, for example, clashes between piping and structure. and they would not need higher end computers to run the program. Just open it in Jetstream portable. Can also be used as a deliverable for clients. But hopefully in the future.
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sim.herrod »

gsisman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:44 pm
Dinesh

I don't believe that capability is there yet. Hopefully in the future. We'd like that also.
Another thread promoted this type of interaction (Arena4D I Think)
Right now the visualization has to take place in the CAD/Modeling program with the point cloud acting as an object in that software.
Leica uses Euclidean Technology so maybe they are working on something like this.
You can definitely import models into Veesus Arena4D. There are a whole range of file formats that work.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”