StuartTosney
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: RPS Group
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Using BLK360 images to create fly-throughs

Post by StuartTosney »

I was recently asked by a client (they own and rent luxury apartments in London) if we can create fly-through videos of their properties using images and scans. He showed me an example on their website and it is basically an internal walk through of one of the properties, created using a Matterport 3D camera. It got me thinking, would it be possible to do a similar thing using the BLK only using the images the BLK takes at each setup? If so, what software would be required or is it something that can be done in Cyclone? It would be purely internals only and would not need to be on grid and level.
Thanks in advance.
Attreyu
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Dragos Ioan Coste
Company Details: 3Deva
Company Position Title: Founder

Re: Using BLK360 images to create fly-throughs

Post by Attreyu »

We can do that and more, making it interactive, it is like playing Counterstrike on your future house :)

Check this out, it is actually based on a Matterport scan: viewtopic.php?f=37&p=63961#p63961

Send me a PM to discuss further, if interested.
www.3deva.com - Digitalisation, Pointcloud to Mesh conversions, Virtual Reality
StuartTosney
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by StuartTosney »

Hi Dragos,
I tried sending a PM but it is just sat in my outbox and not the sent box?! I am having trouble viewing the data in the link you provided. When i extract the files, i do not have the correct App to view the data. Could you possibly send it in a different format or maybe as a screenshot etc? Thanks
Ryan
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ryan Frenz
Company Details: Autodesk
Company Position Title: Engineering Manager - ReCap
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Ryan »

StuartTosney wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm ...would it be possible to do a similar thing using the BLK only using the images the BLK takes at each setup?...
This can be done by making sequences of View States in ReCap Pro. The trick to make it a 'fly-through' is to add a 3D view state at the scan position before and after making a corresponding View State in RealView, e.g.
- View states in RealView of scan 1
- Switch camera to 3D, create view state.
- Fly to scan 2 in 3D, create view state.
- Switch camera to RealView, create view state.
..and so on

See 'Export Video' here for a general overview
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RECAP/201 ... A16C918806

-Ryan
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by pburrows145 »

StuartTosney wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm I was recently asked by a client (they own and rent luxury apartments in London) if we can create fly-through videos of their properties using images and scans. He showed me an example on their website and it is basically an internal walk through of one of the properties, created using a Matterport 3D camera. It got me thinking, would it be possible to do a similar thing using the BLK only using the images the BLK takes at each setup? If so, what software would be required or is it something that can be done in Cyclone? It would be purely internals only and would not need to be on grid and level.
Thanks in advance.
Do you mean something like TruView? (see: http://truview.emea.leica-geosystems.co ... se&nbors=6)

Or did I miss the point...you can publish TruView's with only image data if you wish, this reduces the file sizes considerably.
Oatfedgoat
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matthew McCarter
Company Details: Costain
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Oatfedgoat »

pburrows145 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 pm
StuartTosney wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm I was recently asked by a client (they own and rent luxury apartments in London) if we can create fly-through videos of their properties using images and scans. He showed me an example on their website and it is basically an internal walk through of one of the properties, created using a Matterport 3D camera. It got me thinking, would it be possible to do a similar thing using the BLK only using the images the BLK takes at each setup? If so, what software would be required or is it something that can be done in Cyclone? It would be purely internals only and would not need to be on grid and level.
Thanks in advance.
Do you mean something like TruView? (see: http://truview.emea.leica-geosystems.co ... se&nbors=6)

Or did I miss the point...you can publish TruView's with only image data if you wish, this reduces the file sizes considerably.
Top tip ;)
StuartTosney
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by StuartTosney »

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. Yes, something very similar to that in fact. Using TruView I assume you can make a video fly-through e.g as if someone was physically walking around the property based on the different scan positions? Is this all possible just using a BLK on site? Thanks
StuartTosney
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by StuartTosney »

Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 pm
StuartTosney wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm ...would it be possible to do a similar thing using the BLK only using the images the BLK takes at each setup?...
This can be done by making sequences of View States in ReCap Pro. The trick to make it a 'fly-through' is to add a 3D view state at the scan position before and after making a corresponding View State in RealView, e.g.
- View states in RealView of scan 1
- Switch camera to 3D, create view state.
- Fly to scan 2 in 3D, create view state.
- Switch camera to RealView, create view state.
..and so on

See 'Export Video' here for a general overview
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RECAP/201 ... A16C918806

-Ryan
Thanks Ryan, we obviously have a Recap subscription with the BLK so this is definitely an option

Return to “Leica Geosystems”