I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Justin Hays
Company Details: ADF Engineering
Company Position Title: Designer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

BLK360 shipping

Post by justinm.hays »

Does anyone know when the BLK360 will start shipping? We reserved one the first day they were available with an 8 week delivery time. I have since heard nothing from Leica as far as the code they are sending or anything else. (They haven't even replied to my inquiry) I have noticed the wait time has doubled since I reserved mine, but hearing nothing from them as far as that goes is not cool with me. Is this the kind of customer support I should expect from Leica?
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: BLK360 shipping

Post by pburrows145 »

Hi Justin,

Can you drop me a PM with the email address you used to reserve your unit?

I am told we have been sending emails to the purchasers address roughly every few weeks to keep people updated as to the progress of their order.

Thanks,
Paul
justinm.hays
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Justin Hays
Company Details: ADF Engineering
Company Position Title: Designer

Post by justinm.hays »

Thanks for the response PM has been sent.
cadmium
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Jason Bayer
Company Details: Armistead Mechanical
Company Position Title: Piping Designer

Post by cadmium »

has anyone got them yet? I read the app isn't even out yet for the ipad
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President

Post by dhirota »

Paul

Unfortunately in the USA, I have received a total of 3 emails since 11/28/2016 when I ordered the BLK360+Recap Mobile. The first one was from Jake Garcia, Sr Manager, Project Delivery & ReCap, Strategy & GTM, Business Strategy & Marketing for Autodesk was thanking me for ordering the BLK360 package with an email on 11/28/2016 with my order receipt.

On April 7, 2017 I received another email, from Leica telling me that I was number 28 on the list to receive the BLK360 after the beginning of May, 2017. Since that time I have received no electronic communication from anyone about the BLK360 or Recap Mobile. The only communication was at SPAR 2017 speaking with the Leica and Autodesk folks at the EXPO booth.

I decided to send a query to Jake Garcia to see what is happening. This is the response (3rd email from them) that I received about the BLK360+Recap Mobile yesterday.

"
Hey Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate your patience and can understand your feelings on the matter. The teams are working very hard to fulfill BLK360’s for the pre-sale customers and are being meticulous about ensuring the upmost quality which has slowed delivery a bit.

The mobile app will be available for download in a couple of weeks, you should be receiving more details about that very soon.

As for the BLK360, you should hear more directly from Leica shortly. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to provide much more information than that, but here are the names of my counterparts on the Leica side if you want to reach out to them directly:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jake
"
I decided to send out Jake's email, so the many people without any communication will at least see something about what is happening.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
jrowles
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: John Rowles
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: eCommerce Manager

Post by jrowles »

@Justinm.hays: I apologize for not reaching out sooner to those of you who reserved early on.

As I said in the email we just sent to everyone on the reservation list, we are not yet producing BLK360s as quickly as we would like, but our Beta testers are telling us that the units we have produced are performing beautifully.

At the moment, to ensure that remains true for everybody who gets one, the production team is manually double checking every BLK360 on a calibrated test range to make sure that the automated process is working properly and producing BLK360s that meet our quality and accuracy standards. That takes time.

That is one reason we are up to 20 weeks lead time for people who place a reservation today (those of you who reserved earlier will not be waiting 20 weeks from now). The other reason is the sheer number of reservations we have taken.

The variable here is how quickly a team of very smart (and very motivated by the backlog) Swiss engineers can work out the finer points of programming robots to help build and calibrate miniaturized laser scanners. Were I a betting man, personally, I would take the under.

@cadmium: Customers who receive a BLK360 before Autodesk releases the first commercial version of Recap Pro for mobile are being invited to use Autodesk's late-stage Beta through their beta testing portal. As with any hardware this complex, expect periodic updates to the firmware and the apps to improve performance.

@ Dennis: I'm sorry to hear that you have not been getting the emails we have sent to our pre-sale reservation holders. We have your correct email address, so I am at a loss to explain what happened from our end. I know that Gmail, for example, automatically slots them into a "Promotions" folder that I rarely look at, and we have had people miss them that way -- perhaps they went to a spam folder?
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

I still have no communication on where my BLK360 is or when it will arrive, but I just received an email that says that I can load a test flight of Autodesk ReCap Pro Beta for mobile 1.1.8 on my iPAD PRO-2 12.9 inch to try out. Maybe there is progress.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

The after sales isn't as good as the introduction it seems. :D

Edit : it's no laughing matter of course. I guess a lot of people purchased one to do scanning themselves or for other clients. Explaining that you have to wait for your kit isn't pleasant but sure as hell it isn't when there are no dates mentioned. Leica seems to have insured themselves that no date is given so no one can complain and take actions against them for late delivery.
Last edited by landmeterbeuckx on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

John Rowles

Thank you for the clarification on LSF. I believe the email clog has been located. I still have not received my BLK360, but I will be trying out my iPAD PRO with the beta ReCAP Mobile tomorrow.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

I have my iPAD PRO-2 2017 12.9 with 512GB Storage with the ReCAP Mobile beta running with two problems: (1) When it boots up it says that it is low on memory? (2) It says that it is missing a scanner? It has an IP address for assuming a BLK360 to pop in which has not been delivered yet. The question is whether either of my Z+F 5010X scanners will drop in or not. Will I be able to drop in my Reigl VZ400i to my iPAD PRO? Anybody know?
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “Leica Geosystems”