V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

@LeicaGeosystems Cyclone & CloudWorx Product news from SPAR

Post by pburrows145 »

@LeicaGeosystems Cyclone and CloudWorx Product Announcements at #SPAR3D17! Amazing new tools for even greater productivity...found out more HERE!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/leicageo ... ng-burrows
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: @LeicaGeosystems Cyclone & CloudWorx Product news from S

Post by pburrows145 »

Saves you having to be re-directed to LinkedIn

Dear All,

We are very pleased to share today’s Product Announcement for the following updates to the HDS Software Product portfolio:

Leica Cyclone 9.1.6
Leica CloudWorx 6.3 for AutoCAD
Leica CloudWorx 2.1.4 for Revit
Leica CloudWorx 5.1.2 for MicroStation
Key features and enhancements for each product of this release are summarised below.

These products will be released on 1st May 2017

Leica Cyclone 9.1.6

New Floor Flatness/Floor Leveling analysis tool. The tool also automatically generates a Report fitting the ASTM 1155 standard.
GeoTags now have a QA/QC tool, allowing users to validate a list of GeoTags (that may be imported from external systems) and quickly zoom to it and/or edit the GeoTag’s metadata.
GeoTags with no points in the defined volume can now be published to TruView.
The import of data into Cyclone has been completely re-architected, creating more efficient imports. No new data files, such as *.fsf files, will be created; all supported formats will be imported into the IMP directly. This greatly improves the efficiency of import as well as data management long-term
The Traverse Editor has been moved to the REGISTER module.

New Floor Flatness/Floor Leveling analysis tool. The tool also automatically generates a Report fitting the ASTM 1155 standard.
Export ortho-rectified images of the point cloud. Floor plans, elevations, and sections can all be easily produced in the simple form of an ortho image. Export to JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, or GeoTIFF to create high-value deliverables directly using CloudWorx with no modeling needs.
The popular Auto-fit Polyline tool for creating 2D linework now supports fitting arcs without having to exit or restart the tool. The fastest 2D linework tool just got better!
The Steel Fitter tool now gives more control to the user via interaction with the parts table during the fitting process.
Points on Grid and SmartPics now honour the active UCS (previously these tools only worked on the world coordinate system).
The new JetStream Experience allows non-JetStream customers to experience the performance and benefit of all the points, all the time with a simple installation, including a demo JetStream point cloud

The Steel Fitter tool now gives more control to the user via interaction with the parts table during the fitting process
The new JetStream Experience allows non-JetStream customers to experience the performance and benefit of all the points, all the time with a simple installation, including a demo JetStream point cloud.

The popular QuickSlice tool from CloudWorx for AutoCAD comes to MircroStation. QuickSlice slices, orients, and sets the work plane of the point cloud to prepare for 2D polyline work with a simple click of a point.
The popular Auto-fit Polyline tool from CloudWorx for AutoCAD, and companion tool QuickSlice, comes to MicroStation. The Auto-fit Polyline tool enables fast, easy 2D polyline creation, bringing high value to CloudWorx users through increased productivity. This tool allows users to create building cross sections in a highly efficient manner, unlike any other solution available today for MicroStation. The Auto-fit Polyline tool also supports fitting arcs.

Installation and Licensing

Cyclone 9.1.6 is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for Cyclone 9.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP which was valid as late as 25th May 2016 can receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 6.3 for AutoCAD and MultiWorx 2.2 for AutoCAD are minor releases. All users with CCP that is valid as late as 15th March 2017 will be eligible to receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 2.1.4 for Revit is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for CloudWorx 2.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP which was valid as late as 18th April 2016, can run this new version or receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 5.1.2 for MicroStation is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for CloudWorx 5.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP valid as late as 18th April 2016, can run this new version or receive a new license to run this version.
All installers and release notes will be available on the global Leica Geosystems website and in myWorld in time for the product release on May 1st
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager

Post by JLarson »

Thanks for the info Paul.

Any idea when we might see an update the the COE importer to Microstation? We upgraded to the Connect version over two years ago and still can't import COE's.
Jason Larson, PLS
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

JLarson wrote:Thanks for the info Paul.

Any idea when we might see an update the the COE importer to Microstation? We upgraded to the Connect version over two years ago and still can't import COE's.
What version of microstation do you use? I import COE all time to microstation with no problem. Once in a while, I have to reinstall the file, but it always works.
Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Rikore »

Thanks for posting Paul. Looking forward to the upgrades. May 1 will give us a chance to test before HxGN Live in Vegas. Any more info coming on the BLK360?
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager

Post by JLarson »

Scan-Ninja:

We are using Microstation Connect (latest version, that's been out for two years now). COE works in v8i, but is not compatible with the now 64bit Connect. We have to keep both versions on our machines and open in the older version to bring in COE data. Clearly not a convenient workflow.
Jason Larson, PLS
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

JLarson wrote:Scan-Ninja:

We are using Microstation Connect (latest version, that's been out for two years now). COE works in v8i, but is not compatible with the now 64bit Connect. We have to keep both versions on our machines and open in the older version to bring in COE data. Clearly not a convenient workflow.
I got you. We are using V8i Select series 3. I guess that's why it is still working for us. That's good to know. Thanks.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

pburrows145 wrote:Saves you having to be re-directed to LinkedIn

Dear All,

We are very pleased to share today’s Product Announcement for the following updates to the HDS Software Product portfolio:

Leica Cyclone 9.1.6
Key features and enhancements for each product of this release are summarised below.

These products will be released on 1st May 2017

Leica Cyclone 9.1.6

GeoTags now have a QA/QC tool, allowing users to validate a list of GeoTags (that may be imported from external systems) and quickly zoom to it and/or edit the GeoTag’s metadata.
GeoTags with no points in the defined volume can now be published to TruView.
The import of data into Cyclone has been completely re-architected, creating more efficient imports. No new data files, such as *.fsf files, will be created; all supported formats will be imported into the IMP directly. This greatly improves the efficiency of import as well as data management long-term
The Traverse Editor has been moved to the REGISTER module.

Export ortho-rectified images of the point cloud. Floor plans, elevations, and sections can all be easily produced in the simple form of an ortho image. Export to JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, or GeoTIFF to create high-value deliverables directly using CloudWorx with no modeling needs.
The popular Auto-fit Polyline tool for creating 2D linework now supports fitting arcs without having to exit or restart the tool. The fastest 2D linework tool just got better!
The Steel Fitter tool now gives more control to the user via interaction with the parts table during the fitting process.
Points on Grid and SmartPics now honour the active UCS (previously these tools only worked on the world coordinate system).
The new JetStream Experience allows non-JetStream customers to experience the performance and benefit of all the points, all the time with a simple installation, including a demo JetStream point cloud

The Steel Fitter tool now gives more control to the user via interaction with the parts table during the fitting process
The new JetStream Experience allows non-JetStream customers to experience the performance and benefit of all the points, all the time with a simple installation, including a demo JetStream point cloud.

The popular QuickSlice tool from CloudWorx for AutoCAD comes to MircroStation. QuickSlice slices, orients, and sets the work plane of the point cloud to prepare for 2D polyline work with a simple click of a point.
The popular Auto-fit Polyline tool from CloudWorx for AutoCAD, and companion tool QuickSlice, comes to MicroStation. The Auto-fit Polyline tool enables fast, easy 2D polyline creation, bringing high value to CloudWorx users through increased productivity. This tool allows users to create building cross sections in a highly efficient manner, unlike any other solution available today for MicroStation. The Auto-fit Polyline tool also supports fitting arcs.

Installation and Licensing

Cyclone 9.1.6 is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for Cyclone 9.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP which was valid as late as 25th May 2016 can receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 6.3 for AutoCAD and MultiWorx 2.2 for AutoCAD are minor releases. All users with CCP that is valid as late as 15th March 2017 will be eligible to receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 2.1.4 for Revit is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for CloudWorx 2.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP which was valid as late as 18th April 2016, can run this new version or receive a new license to run this version.
CloudWorx 5.1.2 for MicroStation is a point-release update. All users with a valid license(s) for CloudWorx 5.1.x or later, currently valid CCP, or with CCP valid as late as 18th April 2016, can run this new version or receive a new license to run this version.
All installers and release notes will be available on the global Leica Geosystems website and in myWorld in time for the product release on May 1st
S1.PNG
Not there yet... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
graham.watson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Graham Watson
Company Details: Road Science
Company Position Title: Technical Lead - High Speed Data

Post by graham.watson »

I see that the Cloudworx updates have been released but not the Cyclone one?
cpw006
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Chris Widmer
Company Details: KCI
Company Position Title: 3D Scanning Manager

Post by cpw006 »

Anyone know when Cyclone 9.1.6 will be released?

Return to “Leica Geosystems”