Full Name: Andrew Grigg
Company Details: 40SEVEN
Company Position Title: Senior Land Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cyclone Alignment/Station Manager Issue

Post by andrew.grigg »

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.

I'm Using the Alignment/Station Manager to extract road edges/kerblines fences etc along highways.

The way I'm doing it, is using Multipick on a point, then incrementing the station by 5m, after 300m I create a polyline.

This is working really well for me, except for when occasionally, when I select the next point it actually deselects one of my previously selected points. Is this a bug in the software? The points are not visible as I have a 100mm section, but it seems that because they're in the same position on the section plane, they get deselected sometimes. It's not that big an issue as it only happens every now and then... but its making a decent feature of the software slightly less... decent.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeicaUK_RC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Leica Geosystems part of Hexagon
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Director UK
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh

Re: Cyclone Alignment/Station Manager Issue

Post by LeicaUK_RC »

Hi Andy,

Are you only selecting one point on that section at any one time?

Are you using the template feature to extract the points?
Leica Geosystems
M: 07540 201383
E: [email protected]
W: www.leica-geosystems.com
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

andrew.grigg wrote:Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.

I'm Using the Alignment/Station Manager to extract road edges/kerblines fences etc along highways.

The way I'm doing it, is using Multipick on a point, then incrementing the station by 5m, after 300m I create a polyline.

This is working really well for me, except for when occasionally, when I select the next point it actually deselects one of my previously selected points. Is this a bug in the software? The points are not visible as I have a 100mm section, but it seems that because they're in the same position on the section plane, they get deselected sometimes. It's not that big an issue as it only happens every now and then... but its making a decent feature of the software slightly less... decent.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Try to create a template of your road, then make adjustments as you move along. Never had an issues with it. I just hope that it would be more automated. Also make sure to have enough coverage left and right, up and down on your alignment. And you always can go backward, make adjustments.
andrew.grigg
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by andrew.grigg »

Thanks Phil... Yes, only selecting one point at a time. I think it may be coz I'm clicking too fast or something... but it does seem to just happen if the next point is in a similar position in the window.

Will try the template thing assuming that will let me select surveyed points rather than drawing over them?

Cheers Scan Ninja, yea I have no issues with viewing the section/adjusting it... it's just it seems to be deciding to deselect my selected points even if they're not visible in the view.
Mark Francis
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Geomatics Market Segment Manager

Post by Mark Francis »

Hi Andy,

See if these help:

youtu.be/

youtu.be/
andrew.grigg
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by andrew.grigg »

Thanks for the videos and help. Is this the only way to use the Alignment tools then, with the drawing template and not using multi-pick?

I am preferring to use Multipick as when doing a lot of roads I feel potential for error is reduced since you can only select a surveyed point, it does mean doing one feature down one alignment, then repeating the process but I'm finding it really quick... but as I mentioned every now and then a previously selected point is deselected if it's in the same position.

It's hard to explain but I've recorded a little video... if you can manage to give it a quick look, keep an eye out on the distance between points per section, which should be around 5m... You'll notice that when he glitch happens (if that's what it is) the 5 will switch to 10, when a previous point has been deselected.

Hope this makes sense/it can be resolved... Or should I really just get on with the drawing template thingy and stop moaning? ha.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... sue(1).mp4

Cheers if anyone manages to look.
LeicaUK_RC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Leica Geosystems part of Hexagon
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Director UK
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh

Post by LeicaUK_RC »

Hi Andy,

What about using the virtual survey feature whilst using the alignment and sections tools?
Leica Geosystems
M: 07540 201383
E: [email protected]
W: www.leica-geosystems.com
andrew.grigg
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by andrew.grigg »

Sorry for late reply Phil. Tried the virtual surveyor, still had a similar problem. It's probably user error or a tiny bug in Cyclone that only I'm bothered about... or maybe it's just my Cyclone version. I'll see if it still happens next time I do roads or after I upgrade Cyclone.

Thanks for your responses.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”