creating point cloud in Recap from Cyclone

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone Register 360, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
TShock
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tracy Shockley
Company Details: Technical Engineering Support
Company Position Title: Draftsperson-2
Linkedin Profile: Yes

creating point cloud in Recap from Cyclone

Post by TShock »

Hi, everyone,

I currently use an RTC360 with Cyclone to register my scans. Everything goes great and we have very little issue with scans. Where we are running into a snag is when we import the e57 file into Recap to create a point cloud. We get some trashy mirror balls - everything is streaky and or pixelated to the point where we can't see anything. It happens to at least 2 setups per site. We have recreated the Recap file to see if it helps and it does not. Any suggestions or ideas? I am at my wits end. Please see image below for example. Thanks, all!!!
point cloud issue.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: creating point cloud in Recap from Cyclone

Post by pburrows145 »

There will be a fix for this in due course, until then, you will see the issue. I am not sure if this is on our side, or Autodesk's... either way, it is being worked on. In addition, we will support export to RCP (minus images initially) shortly which I am sure many of you will welcome.
Last edited by pburrows145 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by topogeo »

It seems ch in April we will have many interesting news in Cyclone :D

Today :
After many tests ... I found, as a better solution, the export of PTG. In Recap there are NO problems with the image
  "realview". You will NOT have the real photographic image but only the colored cloud ... but of excellent quality ..
If instead you give up the "Realview image" you can bring from Cyclone to PTS and then import it into Recap with 10mm decimation. Get a much lighter project ..

Piercarlo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TShock
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tracy Shockley
Company Details: Technical Engineering Support
Company Position Title: Draftsperson-2

Post by TShock »

Thanks for all of the input - I am excited to try your suggestions...and I am especially looking forward to the update in April as it appears to have answers for a couple of issues that we have. I appreciate you guys!!!

Return to “Registration Software”