Jetstream Viewer Portable Command Line Options

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone Register 360, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Jetstream Viewer Portable Command Line Options

Post by jamesworrell »

Anyone know if there is command line support to open LGS files in the portable viewer?

Keen to make this as idiot proof as possible .. including an auto-start .. so insert USB .. Jetstream opens with file.

Also ability to set the launch destination? Want to go straight to the point cloud and not the Overview/Site Map .. site map is a mess.

So hoping for jetstreamviewer.exe -file "e:\data\somefile.lgs" -start "Pointcloud" or similar (with relative paths to handle unknown drive mapping).

If not - please add to the wish list.

Cheers
LeicaHDS_SW_PM
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: LeicaHDS SW Product Management
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Leica Geosystems

Re: Jetstream Viewer Portable Command Line Options

Post by LeicaHDS_SW_PM »

Hey James,

Unfortunately, Windows does not allow using autorun in conjunction with removable devices. That said, you can still use the portable version of JetStream Viewer on a USB stick and open an LGS file programmatically. One possible option would be to use a .bat file.

Something like the following:
@echo off
start %~dp0\LeicaJetStreamViewer\JetStreamViewerPortable\JetStreamViewer.exe %~dp0\LeicaJetStreamViewer\LGSfiles\FILENAME.lgs

(In this example I have a ‘LeicaJetStreamViewer’ directory that contains the portable viewer and some files in separate folders.)

As for your comment about the SiteMap, could you give me some more details here? It would be great to know what is/isn’t working for you. We have improvements in the works for both the SiteMap itself as well as the deployment of portable projects as a whole, so it would be good to have your feedback.

Thanks
-Leica Geosystems HDS Software Product Management Team
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

LeicaHDS_SW_PM wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:14 pm Hey James,

Unfortunately, Windows does not allow using autorun in conjunction with removable devices. That said, you can still use the portable version of JetStream Viewer on a USB stick and open an LGS file programmatically. One possible option would be to use a .bat file.

Something like the following:
@echo off
start %~dp0\LeicaJetStreamViewer\JetStreamViewerPortable\JetStreamViewer.exe %~dp0\LeicaJetStreamViewer\LGSfiles\FILENAME.lgs

(In this example I have a ‘LeicaJetStreamViewer’ directory that contains the portable viewer and some files in separate folders.)

As for your comment about the SiteMap, could you give me some more details here? It would be great to know what is/isn’t working for you. We have improvements in the works for both the SiteMap itself as well as the deployment of portable projects as a whole, so it would be good to have your feedback.

Thanks
-Leica Geosystems HDS Software Product Management Team
Will have to try this, this week. This might be helpful in certain circumstances and users.
Haven't tried this yet ,but I'm assuming that there is no way to export multiple sitemaps to Jetstream/LGS file using Publisher Pro from within one Register 360 project? I understand each version within that project exports separately, but multiple sitemaps (say for floors)?
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by jamesworrell »

USB autorun does exist even in windows 10 .. just may not be on by default ..

As to the sitemap .. my first instinct was to attempt to orbit .. but when it became apparent I was viewing a 3d dataset in 2d .. I tried to zoom .. but the text and icons etc aren't scale-able .. so then spent the next 30 seconds working out how to get out of the sitemap and never went back.

Overall view .. medium size job .. so will only get worse ..
sitemap overall.JPG
Upon zooming ..
sitemap zoom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

jamesworrell wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 pm USB autorun does exist even in windows 10 .. just may not be on by default ..

As to the sitemap .. my first instinct was to attempt to orbit .. but when it became apparent I was viewing a 3d dataset in 2d .. I tried to zoom .. but the text and icons etc aren't scale-able .. so then spent the next 30 seconds working out how to get out of the sitemap and never went back.

Overall view .. medium size job .. so will only get worse ..

sitemap overall.JPG

Upon zooming ..

sitemap zoom.JPG
The site map is only good for VERY simple jobs. It's a Picture clip of the equivalent of what was on you REPORT cover in Register 360 to give you a very rudimentary idea of the positions of the scanner in a plan view. You can't filter out distance range of adjoining stations locations you would like to see either, like in Tru-View (that I could find). Do you know about multiple Sitemaps whether they show up as several over-lays on the opening of a JSV. By the way the site map only shows up with an LGS export (Publisher Pro), not with a Jetstream Publisher only.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by jamesworrell »

A further suggestion ..

Can you attempt to resolve references prior to starting the export .. would have saved us a day or so of compute time before the exception being chucked about missing data after successfully writing out ~ 400 scans and not finding the other 400 due to user "error".

#facepalm

PS: not _this_ user! ;-p
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by jamesworrell »

And couldn't chew up a few more threads? No use of the GPU?

This is going to take a while ..
LGS.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c3d_andyreid
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andy Reid
Company Details: LandPartners
Company Position Title: CAD Manager

Post by c3d_andyreid »

Is there a way to enter a Setup directly from the command line i.e.

Code: Select all

cmd /c start .\JetStreamViewer\JetStreamViewer.exe .\JetStreamViewer\Sweet_RTC_Scan.lgs /start setup026
where Setup 026 is a station in the LGS file

Return to “Registration Software”