Faro Scene - Two clusters register with Mean of 0mm with a green light?

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone Register 360, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
ardm02
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Matthew Ard
Company Details: Environmental Solutions
Company Position Title: Process Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Faro Scene - Two clusters register with Mean of 0mm with a green light?

Post by ardm02 »

A colleague of mine has been registering a new scan project in Faro Scene. He has been meticulously registering clusters together and working toward the end goal of a completed point cloud model. He has a group of clusters which visually register together good. However, after running the Place Scans command and registering this particular group of clusters together using both top view and cloud to cloud the Scan Manager shows a green light with an Overall Statistics Mean of 0.00mm and 0% under Scan Point Tensions. Now, he and I tend to give each other quite a bit of jockeying back and forth friendly competitive boasting about whose scans are better than whose and who did more scans than the other... I simply must prove that this seemingly perfect registration of clusters is somehow an error or he will never let me live it down.

Can anyone please bust this myth for me?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
3DForensics
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Re: Faro Scene - Two clusters register with Mean of 0mm with a green light?

Post by 3DForensics »

How can you be reporting 0.00 mm of error when you have 0% overlap? Clearly, something went wrong.

Eugene

Return to “Registration Software”