"Digital information in 3D" event - November 2015

Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
joe.3dlm
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Joe Beeching
Company Details: GeoSLAM Ltd
Company Position Title: Customer Success Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

"Digital information in 3D" event - November 2015

Post by joe.3dlm »

Hi all,

We are organising an event in November to promote our distribution businesses in the UK, including RIEGL laser scanners, IGI navigation systems and PhaseOne industrial cameras.

The two-day event will cover both terrestrial applications (day one) and mobile/airborne applications (day two).

Registration is free - but it is primarily aimed at UK-based delegates, so please bear this in mind if you intend to join us.

More info and registration form here: http://www.3dlasermapping.com/our-conferences/

Cheers,
Joe
CWhyman
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Charlie Whyman
Company Details: Charlie Whyman
Company Position Title: Owner Marketer Strategist
Skype Name: [email protected]
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: "Digital information in 3D" event - November 2015

Post by CWhyman »

We are thrilled to welcome Dr Antoine Cottin as a speaker at our event. Please see below for details of the presentation that will be given on Thursday 5th November.

Title: Exploring a Riegl Multispectral LiDAR combo for forest and understory mapping - new results.
Authors: Dr. Antoine Cottin, Sam Fleming and Prof. Iain H. Woodhouse

Abstract:
Carbomap undertook the world’s first evaluation of multispectral LiDAR for mapping the understory and low canopy spectral response of forests from an aircraft. Although significant research has focussed on this area, only now that LiDAR instrument manufacturers are producing operational multi-spectral instruments have we been able to conduct a real-life evaluation of its effectiveness.

Carbomap and Riegl partnered to collect a new airborne multispectral LiDAR dataset in South-East Austria during the summer of 2015. This dataset compliments another collected in Corbin, Virginia (USA) during 2013 by Riegl USA. The multispectral LiDAR combo system used for these missions consisted of three Riegl scanners; a Q680i, a Q780 and a VQ-820-G, which respectively measure at 1550, 1064 and 532 nm captured full-waveform data. During these later flights, field teams have been deployed to measure spectral variation within the understory.

By demonstrating the principle of using full-waveform multispectral LiDAR for mapping the forest undercanopy, it will open up new avenues for potential applications, paving the way for further work, which could include mapping of tree health, including diseases such as needle blight, or the mapping of invasive species; rhododendron for example.

Don't miss out and register for the event here: http://www.3dlasermapping.com/our-conferences/
Eileen
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Eileen Pegg
Company Details: 3D Laser Mapping
Company Position Title: Marketing Assistant

Post by Eileen »

Our webpage has been updated with more speakers and topics that will be discussed over the course of our free, two day event. We look forward to showcasing the latest technology in 3D measurement, as well as providing insightful talks and case studies from those who are using it.
Keep checking back on our webpage, as we update it with news and information regularly: http://www.3dlasermapping.com/our-conferences/

New Products and Innovations:
Official UK Launch of New RIEGL VZ-400i: RIEGL Terrestrial Laser Scanning Innovations
StreetMapperIV from 3D Laser Mapping, Next Generation Mobile Mapping
RiCOPTER, VUX-SYS and VP1 Helipod, RIEGL Aerial Innovations
Introducing the New iXR Range of High Definition Aerial Cameras, PhaseONE Innovations

Case Studies:
Coastal Monitoring at Whitby – Whitby Council and Durham University
APR Services, Tony Rogers
Contingency Planning – Crime Scene Investigation and More, Metropolitan PoliceCase Study: Peter Hobbs, British Geological Survey
Navigation Principles
Mobile Mapping in Tunnels and Areas of Limited GNSS – Dr Chris Cox, 3D Laser Mapping
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eileen
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Eileen »

In the run up to our event, we take a detailed look at some of the technology that will be discussed and on show during ‘Digital Information in 3D’. Here we focus on the products we have on offer from RIEGL: http://www.3dlasermapping.com/digiinfo3driegl/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eileen
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Eileen »

Next up in our series of blog posts highlighting the technology on display at our November event, is StreetMapperIV.
Read on: http://ow.ly/Tntsa

Return to “Exhibitions & Conferences”