INTERGEO 2019 STUTTGART

Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: INTERGEO 2019 STUTTGART

Post by dhirota »

Lieven

One month from tomorrow, I will be on my way to Munich to see my friends at the NavVIS user conference and talk about interfacing ray traced panorama images with ESRI GIS systems indoors and outdoors. I hope to have my demo tablet with GPS and Intel digital sensors to capture colored point clouds to see how we can interface them with ESRI ArcGIS.

The next week is InterGeo 2019 in Stuttgart, so we will see many of you there.

Between now and then, I hope to have some dual path solid state storage devices running at 48Gbps to see if this increases storage speed. We have our old raid5 SSD workstation system running at 6Gbps versus our other servers running raid6 at 12Gbps.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

dhirota wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 am Between now and then, I hope to have some dual path solid state storage devices running at 48Gbps to see if this increases storage speed.
Hi Dennis,
Sounds interesting, what setup will you be using?
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

dhirota wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:06 am Approximately two months until InterGeo 2019 and a bunch of user group meetings before it in Munich and Stuttgart, but a week from today, I will be in San Diego, California for the ESRI UC. It should be the largest GIS exhibition/conference almost anywhere on the planet. I will have the chance to see some small scanning/imaging devices to interface directly with ESRI ArcGIS. I probably will not post anything, since most LSF members have not been interested in ESRI threads in past years. All of my images would be taken in Red Hydrogen One 3D HV4 format anyway and not viewable directly on LSF threads.
Dennis

Interested in what you saw at ESRI UC integrating Scan clouds with GIS. Our Survey Group Maintains the Master Stormdrain Inventory of Montgomery County (Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay Watershed) so we are always looking for ways to integrate all our tasks. With ARcGIS Pro and the capability of 3D GIS in Web Apps now, this may be interesting. PM me
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Jason Warren wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 am
dhirota wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 am Between now and then, I hope to have some dual path solid state storage devices running at 48Gbps to see if this increases storage speed.
Hi Dennis,
Jason:
Still looking, nothing in hand yet, deciding if it is better to research/test or wait. There is a lot of noise from internet marketing people and industry standards if you know where to look, but nothing on forums or user groups.

Looking at small increments of efficiency such as bringing in a single 500Mbps internet line at one IP address and merging it with another different IP address on a dual 10GbE NIC running at the same time on the same workstation without routers.

Steve:
Will send an email later.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

dhirota wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:32 pm
Jason Warren wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 am
Hi Dennis,
Jason:
Still looking, nothing in hand yet, deciding if it is better to research/test or wait. There is a lot of noise from internet marketing people and industry standards if you know where to look, but nothing on forums or user groups.
Jason

Decided not to pursue what I was originally going to test, and spend time on future systems since they will produce significantly
greater through put and system improvement. Since that information is not organized and not appropriate for this thread, hope to see everyone at InterGeo 2019 in a month.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
stutosney
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: ---
Company Position Title: Associate Director - Survey

Post by stutosney »

I'm in New Zealand, so unless the conference is East Coast Australia, it is very unlikely I get to attend, which is pretty frustrating really. If anyone is aware of any conferences focusing on scanning for surveying in 2020 and the location, please let me know. If I can gt it in early enough, might be able to attend.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

stutosney wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 pm I'm in New Zealand, so unless the conference is East Coast Australia, it is very unlikely I get to attend, which is pretty frustrating really. If anyone is aware of any conferences focusing on scanning for surveying in 2020 and the location, please let me know. If I can gt it in early enough, might be able to attend.
You are like me, the shortest distance to land from Hawaii is 2,500 miles. Many people consider InterGeo2019 a significant exhibition of surveying and scanning information.

I checked with United Airlines, they still have round trip flights leaving NZ on Sat, Sept 14, arriving Sunday, Sept 15. InterGeo 2019 is 17-19 Sept. Leave Stuttgart Sept20, arrive NZ, Sept 22, for US$1,900 economy which sounds like a good deal. Last year I think I paid US$3,500 round trip economy.

I do not know what conferences are in Australia, but I see many of my Australia friends over the years attending InterGeo.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
stutosney
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: ---
Company Position Title: Associate Director - Survey

Post by stutosney »

dhirota wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:53 am
stutosney wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 pm I'm in New Zealand, so unless the conference is East Coast Australia, it is very unlikely I get to attend, which is pretty frustrating really. If anyone is aware of any conferences focusing on scanning for surveying in 2020 and the location, please let me know. If I can gt it in early enough, might be able to attend.
I checked with United Airlines, they still have round trip flights leaving NZ on Sat, Sept 14, arriving Sunday, Sept 15. InterGeo 2019 is 17-19 Sept. Leave Stuttgart Sept20, arrive NZ, Sept 22, for US$1,900 economy which sounds like a good deal. Last year I think I paid US$3,500 round trip economy.
I think I will push to attend next year, hopefully see you there!
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Anyone who wants to meetup with me there can send a pm so i can give you my whatsapp details.

How other people solve problems is my main objective to go besides catching all the hardware.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

It is good to be back in HNL after InterGeo 2019.

I did meet Gabrio and Lieven as well as many other long time friends. One of the more interesting new products with minimal information was the Hexagon BLK2GO system. Spoke with long time friend, Ken Mooyman about future applications with the BLK2GO.

IMG_20190918_21272847.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “Exhibitions & Conferences”