CES 2018

Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

CES 2018

Post by dhirota »

I know that January 8-12, 2018 seems far away, but if you are planning to attend CES 2018 and do not have a convenient room in Las Vegas it will get to be pretty ugly and expensive.

My "GET A ROOM NOTICE FROM CES 2018" email came to me while I was in Singapore at the IAAPA 2017 Expo, I could not get a room at the VENETIAN HOTEL for the whole week for $400 per night. The next alternative was the PALAZZO next door for $400 per night. That was 2 days ago, today both hotels are at $682 per night. Hotels with the CES 2018 block are going for $200 to $600 today. I think if you were registered with CES 2017 and were in the CES Hotel Block, you probably got the email, otherwise you probably need to be a LV whale to get a room for CES 2018.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: CES 2018

Post by dhirota »

OK, another two days has gone by on the calendar. If you are looking for a hotel room for CES 2018 and waiting to get a great deal, it maybe too late. The prices will continue to escalate until they are all gone in the next several months. If you are going to use a web site, be sure to use the CES web site here:

http://www.ces.tech/Register-Plan/Hotel.aspx

"CES does not use a housing bureau or third-party agency for hotel accommodations or any other travel arrangements. Any claims by any company stating otherwise are not true."

In the two days since my first post, the Venetian/Pallazo rooms went from $682 to $799. You can still get the week at the Golden Nuggest at $162 per night + the taxi at probably $50 each way. If you are not going to spend any money on equipment or software you might be interested in the Wynn Suite for $3,250 per night. For two weeks at the Wynn Suite you could receive two BLK360 + other stuff when they show up.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

CES 2018 registration will be open on September 6, 2017.

If you were there in 2017, you will probably get your notice, and be able to register for $0.00. If this is your first time, you will probably have to fill out the form, and they will figure out two weeks later, whether you qualify for an entry badge or not for $100.00. If you wait too long (like the fall of the year or December), they may reject you or charge $300.00. By that time you do not have a hotel in LV anyway, since this year there were 180,000 at CES 2017.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

CES 2018 registration will be open on September 6, 2017, about a month away.... I will remind everyone when I get my email from CES 2018.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Here is your pre-registration link if you want to be notified for the September 6, CES2018 registration, two days from now. I will let you know if/and when I get my registration notice.

http://www.ces.tech/Register-Plan/Register-Now
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

I received my CES2018 registration link, but CES2018 has new requirements.
1. Date of birth required (they said it was required last year, but I do not remember it being asked)
2. Photo required
3. More questions asked even for CES Alumni

CES 2018 is charging $100 up to December, 2017 and $300 after December until they reach their limit, maybe 180K?

CES Alumni are free. They bring you into a waiting line of several hundred people that takes several minutes, and then you have 10 minutes to respond.

Last you need to verify your unique email address.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Topics are starting to show up

DIGITAL HEALTH
"Remote monitoring products, wearables, diagnostic solutions–new technologies that shape today’s lifestyles continue to be released at a rapid pace. But when it comes to staying up-to-speed, there’s no place like CES for a digital health download. From Fitbit to Phillips, CES is the only venue where the entire digital health ecosystem comes together. Register today to discover the technologies revolutionizing the healthcare system and to explore the forefront of what’s possible in the world of digital health."

Remote monitoring and wearables should be interesting.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

CES 2018 is one month away in Las Vegas. Anyone from LSF attending besides myself? I will be there from Jan 8-11, staying at the Palazzo.

Too many things to see and spend time checking them all out. I will be checking on several categories of items and Chinese booths... a technical conference by itself. Last year, I think there were 600 booths, so if you spend one day (9AM-6PM) sliding by the many rows, that gives you an average of 60 seconds per booth, or deciding which 100 booths you will spend 5 minutes obtaining technical information. That is better than spending a week in Shenzhen, China at a trade show. At least Chinese booths at CES 2018 will be communicating in English.

I will try to post some interest items in the next month. If there are any items that LSF folks and myself are mutually interested in, I will try to check them out and post them. There will be categories of interest that I am not planning to post for a number of reasons. If you have items that you are not interested in posting, but may be of mutual interest, please send me an email, NOT a PM. Otherwise, if there is no interest, I will not waste my time to post anything.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

dhirota wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 pm I received my CES2018 registration link, but CES2018 has new requirements.
1. Date of birth required (they said it was required last year, but I do not remember it being asked)
2. Photo required
3. More questions asked even for CES Alumni

CES 2018 is charging $100 up to December, 2017 and $300 after December until they reach their limit, maybe 180K?
For those thinking of attending, in September I mentioned the above. Because of the recent mass shooting recently in LV, I am assuming that security will be worse than last year with the expected 180,000 people attending. If you do not bring your clear backpack, then you will be subjected to the "TSA" luggage search before entering the CES2018 exhibition halls, which could take 10 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the time of day waiting in line per hall. Without a clear backpack, you could lose a significant amount of time being "TSA" checked, but also with the K9 sniffers that were around the halls last year.

Be sure to order yours quickly, since the orders from Amazon may reach you just before Christmas if you are lucky or after CES2018 is your luck and timing is bad.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

For those on LSF that may not know what happens at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES2018) in Las Vegas by the Consumer Technology Association, January 7-12, 2018.

Here is the list of Topics
https://www.ces.tech/Show-Floor

Exhibitors
https://www.ces.tech/Exhibit.aspx
https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm
https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/floor ... vbarlink=1

The third link map will give you an idea of massive exhibition area for CES2018 and how impossible it is for a single person to cover it in 4 days @ 9hours per day. I will not waste any time with the new TVs and audio since I already have our Smart Samsung in the office and two Smart Samsung TVs at home. I may look at other large wall video systems, but we have checked those out already for the next year.

The interesting area is Hall G at the Sands Expo for Tech West. This is why staying at the Venetian/Palazzo is convenient. It is also next to the free CES2018 bus line that will get you to Tech East (LVCC) without taking an Uber/taxi which can be slow and expensive, and for me too far to walk.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “Exhibitions & Conferences”