Customizing Scene Webshare Overview Map

3DUserNet, Cintoo, GeoSignum Pointer, Pillr, Pointbox, Pointerra, Pointly, PointSharePlus, Pythagoras, Potree, Vercator, WebShareCloud, Etc.
flohrd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Flohr
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: VP of Software Engineering
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Customizing Scene Webshare Overview Map

Post by flohrd »

HD Map sounds good to me - the only drawback would be that for each extra zoom level the number of map tiles would increase by factor 4 compared to the previous level so the amount of data would increase dramatically. This applies also to the time for map creation.

However: we have some very nice ideas regarding the map and will keep improving it in the future. Having several map layers is a hot topic for us. V1.5 of WebShare Cloud will intorduce CAD layout layers but I am certain more possibilities to add multipl layers of scan data will follow in the future.

Regarding the collaborative work, I don't seem to understand your workflow. Why do you want to download data to share it? WebShare Cloud has all the feature in place to share data with other people. If people don't use SCENE anyways why don't they just use WebShare Cloud for collaboration and skip the download part? Am I missing something?
If you would like to download it to convert is to any kind of 3rd party file format the way to go will probably be the WebShare Cloud API in the future.
Oliver Buerkler
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Oliver Buerkler
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Director of Laser Scanning
Skype Name: oliver_buerkler
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Oliver Buerkler »

Hello Yan.

May it happen that you are mixing up the old WebShare Server and the new WebShare Cloud?
The new product is allowing you to very easily save and share annotations and measurments with other users. No download is neccessary for that at all.

Best regards,
Oliver Bürkler
Oliver Bürkler
Director of Laser Scanning
FARO Europe GmbH
[email protected]
[email protected]

Twitter: FARO_LS_PM
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scan ku kaï
Company Details: Scankukai
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by scankukai »

Hello Oliver and Daniel,

Indeed I was talking about the Webshare server and the Webshare 2GO. I didn't test the new WS cloud yet.

There is another point I wanted to talk about: the size of the webshare projects since the scanpointclouds are mandatory. We scanned a school some months ago, and even if we clean the project and delete the fls files, the webshare project size is still > 50 GB.
Most customers want to measure in the panoramic views, and this makes the .f3s files necessary.
I now have to convince my customer to copy the data on a 64GB USB key for the architect who is going to work on the project (he will use the 2GO version).

Do you plan to make something lighter?

Regards,

Yan
Oliver Buerkler
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Oliver Buerkler
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Director of Laser Scanning
Skype Name: oliver_buerkler

Post by Oliver Buerkler »

Hello Yan.

We already worked on this - but based on our current technology platform.
SCENE WebShare Cloud consumes remarkably less storage per scan than the WebShare Server would need.

Best regards,
Oliver Bürkler
Oliver Bürkler
Director of Laser Scanning
FARO Europe GmbH
[email protected]
[email protected]

Twitter: FARO_LS_PM
flohrd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Flohr
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: VP of Software Engineering
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by flohrd »

We have just released v 1.5 of WebShare Cloud adding many of the features discussed in this thread!
Please check this post for details:
http://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum ... 360#p34360
TZScanner88
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ted Zachwieja
Company Details: ZDS Design
Company Position Title: 3D Scanning Manager

Post by TZScanner88 »

Oliver,

I appreciate your response that web share cloud will make files much smaller, how much of a difference exactly is there between web share cloud files versus web share server files? This is a very important factor to consider when considering web share cloud as an option. Especially when cloud space is very expensive and a standard project for us far exceeds 50 GBs on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Ted
howie.tran
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Howie Tran
Company Details: STAR GLOBAL EXPERT SOLUTIONS JSC
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Skype Name: tduyhao

Post by howie.tran »

Hi Daniel,

This is Howie Tran from STAR GLOBAL JSC, we are stocking Authorized Distributor of FARO in Vietnam country. I don't know whether it's appropriate or not to raise my questions in this topic thread but I do have 3 related questions that needs your supportive guidance as follows:
1. When doing registration in SCENE, some scans have not been registered together, when exporting to Webshare2go, these unregistered scans are not linked together by showing icon/hotspot inter-displaying in Panorama view. How to add icon between 2 unregistered scans in order to link them together in webshare2go?
2. Simillar to question #1, but how to hide unneccessary scans icon/hotspot so that it will not distract users from within a certain panorama view? Some panorama view are having so many linked icon/hotspot that makes user very confused while moving from to other related locations.
3. How to insert a Google Map as a background in overview map? For example, we have scan a factory and now Client want to show that factory on top of a Google Map in order to see the connecting roads from that factory to nearby town/facilities. I can see that when first opening "ws2go.html" file, the location of that factory is shown on a Google Map already, how to display that Google Map as a background in the Overview Map?

Thank you very much for your kind support and useful advices on these issues. Thank you very much...

Best regards,
Howie Tran.
LPaulCook
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: L Paul Cook
Company Details: Land surveyor doing LiDAR
Company Position Title: President

Post by LPaulCook »

Here's the answers to all your questions:
1. You can't
2. You can't
3. You can't
Sorry, but you can't do those things. Regester all your scans and you can turn the scan link icons all on or all off. That's it.
L. Paul Cook, PLS
www.LPC3D.com
Simon Judd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: simon judd
Company Details: Precision Air Surveys Limited
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Simon Judd »

Howie

A couple of things that might help

Q1 This is available using share in the full blown websharecloud but a work around in WS2Go is maybe to delete the non-required scans, write the webshare 2 go and then revert the project back to the revision before deleting the scans.

Q2 if i understand correctly you need to limit the number of adjacent icons in the scan view. If you go to settings and then scan view. navigate down to visibility you can limit the range of adjacent scans to make it easier to see though them, alternatively you could turn the visibility off globally using the cog settings in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Q3 have you tried importing a google image as a tiff or png and writing this as a layout plan to webshare2go. this again can be selected under the layouts with the same cog as above.
howie.tran
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Howie Tran
Company Details: STAR GLOBAL EXPERT SOLUTIONS JSC
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Skype Name: tduyhao

Post by howie.tran »

LPaulCook wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 am Here's the answers to all your questions:
1. You can't
2. You can't
3. You can't
Sorry, but you can't do those things. Regester all your scans and you can turn the scan link icons all on or all off. That's it.
Hi LPaulCook,

Thanks for your prompt response. However, we don't believe that we can't do these things, we always keep the positive thinking that "nothing is impossible" in our mindsets. Actually we have now figured out how to get it done regarding questions #3 already,

Regarding question #1 and #2, we have also found out the way, that is to increase the parametes "Limit visibility to" in "Scan View" Settings, and webshare2go will show other scan views within that visibility limit, regardless whether they are registered in SCENE or not. However, this setting will be applied to all Scan View in your entire project, which can cause other disadvantages when showing so many linking symbol/icon in certain panorama views.

My question is: After changing "Limit visibility to" figures, how to make it "Apply for this view ONLY", not apply to all views like what Webshare2go is doing now.

Any answer/ help/ advice is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Howie Tran.

Return to “Web Based Software”