We proudly announce the new features:
New Features & Improvements
- [Demo Video below] Users can now use Clipping Boxes to clip point clouds in WebShare's 3D view.
You can create a temporary clipping box in the action menu, or persistent ones in the new task.
Clipping boxes support all the usual object properties, such as description and category.
Exporting and importing clipping boxes will be added to SCENE 2021.0 (coming soon).
Try out the Clipping Box feature in this Example Project.
- [Screenshot below] Attach Files: Users can now upload arbitrary files and attach them to annotations or other workspace objects.
- In the Take Orthophoto task, the Data Type selection was added.
You can now choose to create the Orthophoto from 3D point data instead of scans.
This may increase the visual quality, e.g. due to more uniform colors.
It also makes it possible to create an Orthophoto from mobile scanning data like the FARO Focus Swift where no scans are available, or from a point cloud that was added to the project later.
- Users can now change their WebShare login password directly from the Account Settings page.
You no longer have to wait for the password reset email.
- [WebShare Pro feature] The Export task now shows a warning when the selected volume is too large, and the export is unlikely to succeed.
- WebShare no longer works with Internet Explorer 11.
We advise all affected users to switch to one of the supported browsers.
Removing support for deprecated browsers allows us to focus our efforts, and to deliver the best user experience on modern browsers.