Exclusive feature on ScanSap

Euclideon GEOVERSE, SOLIBRI Model Checker, BCF, ScanManager, GreenSpider, GeomaticsCUBE.
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scan ku kaï
Company Details: Scankukai
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Exclusive feature on ScanSap

Post by scankukai »

Hi,

Here are some news about ScanSap, the point cloud software developed by TagLabs.

We just completed a feature that should interest many point clouds users. First of all, have a look at these screenshots and try to guess what it is.

Gridded scans.jpg
grid persp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Exclusive feature on ScanSap

Post by Scott »

A: Tomography/volume rendering for point clouds ? --or at least a rough analogy...
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

Some sort of export function that creates new/virtual scan stations equal distance apart through out the point cloud?
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by scankukai »

@Scott : I know you've been waiting for the tomograph feature for a long time :-) This feature will help us building what you need.

@Steve: you're really close to the answer. Indeed we build virtual scans, boxes of pointclouds to be precise. The icons you see on the screenshots are the center of the boxes.

The feature is a gridded pointcloud extraction that cuts the pointcloud into multi-clipping boxes. For now, these boxes are cubes, but we will do custom parallelepipeds soon.

So, why doing this? We've been working on point clouds for years, and CAD / BIM softwares aren't really good at displaying massive pointclouds. The key is to load the required area only.

Our partner, Sona Architecture, regularly creates models from hundreds of scans and this helps them a lot.

This feature allows splitting your data into e57 cubes. You define a global bounding box with an origin, a direction, and a grid size, then you add all your original e57 files. As a result, you get new e57 files renamed with an identifier, and a csv file that contains all boxes positions.

Sona did a Revit plugin that allows activating the required boxes. This package could already be proposed as a standalone solution. We did a realistic test on a 470 scans survey splitted into 5 meter cubes.

In future, we'll try to do a direct fls to rcs cubes. This feature is the first part of a work on advanced clipping.

Small demo of the result:

youtu.be/9Okpeqn8rHo
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by scankukai »

Hi,

Here's an article about our scan to grid feature I just published on Linkedin. I hope your automatic translator will keep it understandable.

Link:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/scan2grid-yan-koch/

Return to “Third Party Software & Plugins”