Introducing Stencil Pro by Kaarta

Discuss all KAARTA related products here.
Tony.Sabat
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tony Sabat
Company Details: KAARTA
Company Position Title: Director of Workflow
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Introducing Stencil Pro by Kaarta

Post by Tony.Sabat »

StencilPro_Samples_Hartwood_600px_061020.jpg
An all-in-one system to scan, process and view captured data in real time, Stencil Pro offers panoramic high-definition 4K imagery and colorized point clouds. With robust surround-view perception in a wide range of light conditions, Stencil Pro is optimized for both indoor and outdoor performance. Featuring an impressive 32-line high-density, low-noise lidar with a range of 120 meters (nearly 400 feet) and a data rate of 600,000 points per second, Stencil Pro produces a highly accurate 3D model in minutes.

360 degree color

Rugged with an IP65 rating

Geo-enabled with integrated GNSS receiver

High Density

Cloud Ready

Please visit our website to sign up for our early access program: https://www.kaarta.com/products/stencil-pro/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony Sabat

KAARTA
Director of Workflow
Carbix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Loney
Company Details: Excelsior Measuring
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: Introducing Stencil Pro by Kaarta

Post by Carbix »

this is a total rough jab but is this for when a rough idea is good enough "Laser accurate to ± 3cm / ± 1.18in" not even an at range quote?

Also from the image I would assume the drift is going to suck once the GNSS no longer works from inside.

Dont get me wrong. I don't have a hate in the race here. I dont sell this stuff but I do buy it and I'm coming to you fresh out of the closet of bs products. If it cant do a clean 3mm @ 10m whats the use of it? Because that would be a beast case situation. Once you account for drift, atmosphere and general errors, 3@10 looks more like 10@10 for usable data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel Loney - Owner
Excelsior Measuring inc.
Vancouver - Okanagan - Calgary
www.ExcelsiorLevel.com
Tony.Sabat
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tony Sabat
Company Details: KAARTA
Company Position Title: Director of Workflow

Re: Introducing Stencil Pro by Kaarta

Post by Tony.Sabat »

Thanks for reaching out Daniel.

Our systems utilize the same specifications given by the manufacturers. So for example, our Stencil product uses the Velodyne vlp16 and hdl32 so they would tout +/- 3cm at 100 meter range. Our Contour product touts +/- 2cm at 30 meters.

Drift is typical for all mobile mapping systems, but how we handle the SLAM problem allows us to correct drift 10x better than any other mobile mapping system on the market. For indoor environments where we do not have GPS and a lot of constraints, there is usually no drift. For the GPS example you showed, the typical SLAM solution would not attempt to capture such a large scale project, but with the combination of our technology integrated with GPS we are able to maintain accuracy.

If you are looking for 3mm accuracy at 10 m, handheld mobile mapping solutions will not fit your use case.
Tony Sabat

KAARTA
Director of Workflow

Return to “KAARTA”