Autodesk Revit or Plant3D

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
bwiab
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Emilio Ramirez
Company Details: Metro
Company Position Title: BIM Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Autodesk Revit or Plant3D

Post by bwiab »

Nice model William! Does the image represent the entirety of your project?

Have you looked at the revit catalogs provided by Victaulic or other manufacturers? It seems there is more content out there, but definitely not out of the box.
wgfletch
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: William Fletcher
Company Details: AEC Industry
Company Position Title: Design Technology Manager

Post by wgfletch »

that is one portion, a lot more to it all XXS CS for high pressure steam so a lot of large flanges etc.

I would be very cautious of manufacturers providing content like that, a lot of time they break down (from my personal experience)

fittings are not terrible though and you can fairly easily modify out of the box fittings

main issue with the fittings from companies is they were built pre 2013 release. 2014 they changed the way the .csv lookup table worked and it became nested in teh family..autodesk claims it looks in the lookuptable specified to your settings but I have found it does not so you have to load every csv into the family...even then i still have a lot of break downs with old fittings
Roger King
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Roger King
Company Details: USA
Company Position Title: Engineering Design Company

Post by Roger King »

Hi Guys,

There are various tools and types of software available which offer a wide range of options to make such layouts. Some are paid, whereas some are free software. You can check out a few of them as per your requirement and proceed accordingly. There are various advantages, disadvantages, and applications of each software. You can try various such scenarios and take decisions accordingly.

Thanks & Regards
Roger King
Revit & BIM Software

Return to “CAD Software”