Autodesk Recap into Inventor

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
daz18983
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Darren Grears
Company Details: Atkins
Company Position Title: CAE Lead
Skype Name: darren.grears
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Autodesk Recap into Inventor

Post by daz18983 »

Hi

It would appear that the instructions for inserting a pointcloud into Autodesk Inventor is light on information. I have been inserting recap data into inventor but have only just noticed, following modelling, that the inventor file is not located in the same coordinates as the original survey. Is there an easy way to keep the point clouds geolocation when inserting into Inventor?

My process is FARO Scene > Recap > Inventor. Scans are registered against a network in Scene, exported as a recap project and then the project is inserted into Autodesk Inventor for modelling.

As a check I have reinserted the 3D model into FARO scene only to find that it does not 'land' in the same location as the scan data anymore. I'm certain that if I was going inserting recap data into Scene it would land so it must be the process of inserting the scan data into Inventor.

Does anyone know how to import scan data into Inventor whilst maintaining the point clouds coordinates?

Return to “CAD Software”