NavVis VLX - wearable mapping

Discuss all NavVis related products here.
cjmackenzie
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Charles
Company Details: NavVis
Company Position Title: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: NavVis VLX - wearable mapping

Post by cjmackenzie »

It's all kicking off with INTEGEO Digital 2020 this week. What could be better than virtually attending the world's biggest trade fair for the geospatial industry? Attending it for FREE, of course! Register with NavVis today and get yourself a complimentary ticket for the entire week. We look forward to seeing you! https://navv.is/3dmjN8b
GeorgSchroth
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Georg Schroth
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by GeorgSchroth »

For those who are already heavy users of VLX: We just added an undo function for setting control points in the field :)

controllPointOverview-small.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeorgSchroth
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts

Post by GeorgSchroth »

Long time no post, but believe me when I say that we have been busy at NavVis to transcend the current workflows of post processing laser scan data.
Many of you have a set of super expensive work stations running whenever a tight project deadline comes along. And if a registration doesn't work out right away, you wish you had even more of those in you office. Even more, these monster machines need to get upgraded every few years.

I don't believe this can be the answer going forward. Why put all those machines in the office and maintain them yourself if this can be done as a service. Many times I heard that "the cloud" is not secure enough, you don't know where the data goes and you don't have backups. But then the US Department of Defense is the biggest cloud customer ever (they've used both Amazon AWS & Microsoft Azure). So it must be possible to do it right.

And that is exactly what we want to provide to M6 and VLX customers:
  • Process wherever and whenever: no need to limit yourself to the office with all the machines (think home office)
  • Maximum efficiency: use 100 machines or even more if needed to process in parallel to finish you job ahead of the deadline
  • Own your data: Our cloud architecture ensures that not even our team can access your data, hosted with all the reliability of AWS in Frankfurt
  • Minimize manual work time: The new workflow with previews ensures that you can front load all adjustments and settings at the start and only wait for the email that reminds you that processing is done
Have a look here:
https://navv.is/3lGxFNM

Looking forward to your feedback and questions! Lets do cloud right :)
GeorgSchroth
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts

Post by GeorgSchroth »

by the way, on this page you will find a lot more details on the actual functionality:

https://www.navvis.com/blog/introducing ... -on%20Blog

Here is one of our pilot customers feedback:

youtu.be/5WYVN-9e2hU

Return to “NavVis”