Extracting images from BLK2GO?

Discuss all BLK2GO | BLK2GO Pulse | BLK2FLY related products here.
lyu
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Seonkyeong Lyu
Company Details: VRCREW
Company Position Title: Researcher
Linkedin Profile: No

Extracting images from BLK2GO?

Post by lyu »

Hello, I am currently trying to extract images, taken by 3 1.6M cameras of BLK2GO, without paying more for the pro licence.

I tried to use hexdump firstly then found out that .b2g files are actually SQLite3 database files.

# 00000000 53 51 4c 69 74 65 20 66 6f 72 6d 61 74 20 33 00 |SQLite format 3.|

So then I browsed datas using SQlite broswer, and could see tables with datas and so on.
I am quite sure that the images by 3 cameras are in 'panoimagedata' table since their size varies and datas are with exactly 3 same 'ts'(guess it's timestamp).

I tried several ways to unpack the image and decode it in typical JPEG format or anything like that, but I still get no actual images.

I'd really like to know if there's any way to extract images without Publisher Pro licence.
Otherwise, can you tell me if I really can extract pano images that were taken by BLK2GO's 3 cameras once I subscribe Leica's Publisher Pro Licence?

Hope you guys are all well! Thanks in advance :D
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Re: Extracting images from BLK2GO?

Post by badam »

lyu wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 am Hello, I am currently trying to extract images, taken by 3 1.6M cameras of BLK2GO, without paying more for the pro licence.

I tried to use hexdump firstly then found out that .b2g files are actually SQLite3 database files.

So then I browsed datas using SQlite broswer, and could see tables with datas and so on.
I am quite sure that the images by 3 cameras are in 'panoimagedata' table since their size varies and datas are with exactly 3 same 'ts'(guess it's timestamp).

I tried several ways to unpack the image and decode it in typical JPEG format or anything like that, but I still get no actual images.

I'd really like to know if there's any way to extract images without Publisher Pro licence.
Otherwise, can you tell me if I really can extract pano images that were taken by BLK2GO's 3 cameras once I subscribe Leica's Publisher Pro Licence?

pano images are created during register360 or register import. in the b2g files you can only find the separated 3 images. You cannot export the original 3 image you can just export the created panorama with publisher pro.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

This publisher pro license is the biggest F you from leica and everytime I hear of it it makes me despise Leica for even making this a thing. I mean if the pictures from those expensive 3d cameras were actually good then charging such a fee would hurt less. But knowing picture are so bad and having to pay to extract them is just dissapointing.

To follow up on your question...with register 360 blk you dont need the publisher pro license to export the 360 pano. If you have the bigger register 360 license you could consider downgrading your license to register 360 blk.
lyu
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by lyu »

badam wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:03 am
lyu wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 am Hello, I am currently trying to extract images, taken by 3 1.6M cameras of BLK2GO, without paying more for the pro licence.

pano images are created during register360 or register import. in the b2g files you can only find the separated 3 images. You cannot export the original 3 image you can just export the created panorama with publisher pro.
Hello, Badam. Thanks for your answer. Actually I'd even love if I can find separated 3 images. Are the separated 3 images photos that were taken by 3 cameras during scanning? If so, are there just 3 images in all or more, like hundreds or thousands or even more as scanning longer? I am little bit confused because of this, "in the b2g files you can only find the separated 3 images. You cannot export the original 3 image you can just export the created panorama with publisher pro.".
lyu
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by lyu »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:26 pm This publisher pro license is the biggest F you from leica and everytime I hear of it it makes me despise Leica for even making this a thing. I mean if the pictures from those expensive 3d cameras were actually good then charging such a fee would hurt less. But knowing picture are so bad and having to pay to extract them is just dissapointing.

To follow up on your question...with register 360 blk you dont need the publisher pro license to export the 360 pano. If you have the bigger register 360 license you could consider downgrading your license to register 360 blk.
Thanks for your answer Leandre! I am really glad that I would just need register 360 blk edition licence to export pano images. I am going to ask leica geosystems for the licence.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

lyu wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:32 am
badam wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:03 am

Hello, Badam. Thanks for your answer. Actually I'd even love if I can find separated 3 images. Are the separated 3 images photos that were taken by 3 cameras during scanning? If so, are there just 3 images in all or more, like hundreds or thousands or even more as scanning longer? I am little bit confused because of this, "in the b2g files you can only find the separated 3 images. You cannot export the original 3 image you can just export the created panorama with publisher pro.".
hello, i didn't take a look at the b2g files because we don't use one. i suppose it might be somekind of video instead of image, because you can generate panorama at any point in time during importing to registration software. but i might be wrong. but the quality is not that great, you better with a cheap theta z' or similar, way better quality, you don't need to worry about the image stiching.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by pburrows145 »

You could rent a Pub Pro license for 4 weeks from your local sales team... ?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

pburrows145 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:40 am You could rent a Pub Pro license for 4 weeks from your local sales team... ?
i'd rather buy a theta z1 then rent a publisher pro license even for a day. blk2g images are useless. Register360,Register should export the images to e57, without publisher pro, just like it does with TLS setups.
lyu
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by lyu »

Hello guys, thank you again for your previous help. I edned up subscriting Publisher Pro licence. But again I got a problem.

In Register 360, when I extract pano images from BLK2GO scanned data, the minimum(lowest?) interval is 1.0m. I tried to make it lower, e.g 0.5m or something but it was automatically changed to 1.0m back. Since we are trying to use scanned data for Computer Vision, we need more detailed, and shorter interval pano images. Is there any way to extract pano images with lower interval?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

lyu wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:33 am Hello guys, thank you again for your previous help. I edned up subscriting Publisher Pro licence. But again I got a problem.

In Register 360, when I extract pano images from BLK2GO scanned data, the minimum(lowest?) interval is 1.0m. I tried to make it lower, e.g 0.5m or something but it was automatically changed to 1.0m back. Since we are trying to use scanned data for Computer Vision, we need more detailed, and shorter interval pano images. Is there any way to extract pano images with lower interval?
I think it has to do with the frame rate of the continuous picture taking .As Adam B said the custom waypoints you choose will create a pano from the three pictures taken close to that specific position or if you physically trigger a photo with a push button when you pause the walk. That is what I witnessed and have played with in the demo data we had gotten

Return to “Leica BLK2GO | BLK2GO PULSE | BLK2FLY”