Testing EinScan-Pro and Artec Space Spider

Apple iPhone & iPad, Artec3D, ASUS Xtrion, Creaform, DotProduct DPI-8S &DPI-10, FARO Freestyle, G0-Scan, Mantis Vision, Microsoft Kinect, Noomeo, THOR3D, ZEB1, viDoc RTK Rover etc.
3DPrintedPanda
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: PierreAntoine Arrighi
Company Details: Aniwaa
Company Position Title: CTO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Testing EinScan-Pro and Artec Space Spider

Post by 3DPrintedPanda »

Hello!

Last two weeks I was able to test and witness the demos of two portable 3D scanners (I am a Artec Eva Lite user). Here are my (summarized) findings, I would like to know if any of you have been able to make an in-depth test of them and what is you opinion for these two products.

The Artec Space Spider.
Quality of scans was very good, even with only a few scans. Comfortable to grasp (and light) but I found the weight distribution kind of strange (tendency to tilt). I found the Artec Studio 10 lot better than the 9.2 I have with my Eva Lite. However, it requires a super powerful laptop to operate.
The scanning process is a bit cumbersome as you have to control at the same time the object, the scanner and the screen of the laptop.
Overall performance is great (except for hair but it's not really a recommended use case) but the scanner is really pricey. Manufacturer says it is closed from a Handyscan performance, do you confirm that?

The Shining 3D EinScan-Pro.
Very light and confortable to hold. The color module adds a weight on only one side but that's still acceptable. User experience really great (software is intuitive and does most of the data preparation automatically), with automated software and different configurations packaged (tripod and automated rotative table). Very cool performance (similar to my Eva) and a very affordable price.

I will soon test the Fuel3D and make a benchmark compared to the Eva Lite and the Digitizer for a sample of objects. What would you recommend (I had in mind a figurine, a small toy and an mechanical part).

Please let me know if you are interested in the results.
ChewyPixels
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jesus Bibian Jr
Company Details: Self-Employed
Company Position Title: CG Artist
Skype Name: chewypixels
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Testing EinScan-Pro and Artec Space Spider

Post by ChewyPixels »

I would be interested in your results, since I've been recently considering purchasing the Einscan Pro.

Looking forward to your results!
3DForensics
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Post by 3DForensics »

Please post some of your results and thanks for your review. Fuel 3D looks rather interesting but I have some concerns about the scanning workflow over larger areas where registration is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scannerman
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: David Coleman
Company Details: Service Provider
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by scannerman »

I dont know much about the Einscan, other than it's a fairly low cost scanner like the Artec.

The Space Spider is a good option for low accuracy, but high resolution. However, it's nothing like the HandyScan which is a metrology grade scanner.

Return to “Hand Held Scanners”