Full Name: Dirkie Uys
Company Details: Landpartners
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Skype Name: duaus
Linkedin Profile: No

VisionLidar Clusters

Post by Dirkie2710 »

Hey guys,

Been a member for some time but never got round to actually posting anything.

I recently got the chance to play with Visionlidar as a test.

The biggest selling point was the easy to classify data (ground, building, veg), the ability to extract trees and powerlines and most importantly the AI feature to classify and extract the clusters like cars, buildings, road signs etc.

I am however having issues with actually getting any meaningful processing done.

1. The classify ground tool doesn't work as expected. When using parameters of 5.5deg ; 0.50 cell size; unlimited radius and a known ground point selected, the triangles extracted are all over the place. Not a smooth ground surface. Basically connecting random tree, pole and wall points to some ground.

2. Tree extraction usually extracts about 2-3 trees per actual tree. Any suggestions to have only 1 tree recognized?

3. The AI auto detection feature looked amazing, but I don't have any preset clusters to work from. Manual suggest that library should be defined and mentions PCD files but I have none. Should I have some, if so where are they or where can I get them? I understand that I can also create my own cluster, and have tried to mimic what I can see in the Youtube videos in terms of parameters for cars. This doesn't seem to work as shown. I used the first 10 scans of a recently surveyed house, where I know where the car is and there is only 1 visible car to extract that data. It has been running for close to 2 hours and still going. No results and its only 87M pts. Clusterization just keeps going round and round. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thank you

Return to “3DUserNet”