I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Feri
Company Details: University
Company Position Title: programmer
Linkedin Profile: No

Evaluation quality of the 3D model reconstructed from scans in VR

Post by Smejlo »

Hello everyone

I' am working on my project: Evaluation quality of the 3D model reconstructed from scans in VR. The idea is, that we have more methods for the 3D model reconstruction from the same scans and I want to find the best method. People should evaluate the quality of the reconstructed model in Virtual Reality.

What are the most important features, that should this application have? I' am thinking about these features:
  • load and display more models of the object (from different methods) at the same time
  • manipulation with the object (one reconstructed object or one reconstructed object and ground truth model or more objects)
  • center camera to the same part of all loaded object
  • align all objects to the same center point
  • show differences between the model and ground truth in color schema (such as blue-green-red schema)

What do you think about these features? Are they useful from your point of view? Do you have other ideas? Please share them. Thanks 8-)
kristiovchar
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: kristi ovchar
Company Details: devra development
Company Position Title: manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Evaluation quality of the 3D model reconstructed from scans in VR

Post by kristiovchar »

Hi! Your project on quality assessment of 3D models in VR sounds fascinating servreality.com. Regarding features: loading and displaying multiple models using different methods is a great idea! Also important would be the ease of manipulating objects and the ability to compare models to the ground truth in different color schemes. Adding the ability to center the camera and align objects promises to improve the user experience. Maybe also consider a feature to compare detail differences between models?

Return to “VR Virtual Reality”