V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

speed writing data to sd-card

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Hi,
I have an istar fusion and use Sd-cards with read sped of 30MB/sec. A normal save on the card is 1min25sec, it is too long. I have now bought a 80MB/sec SDHC card. The time to save the same setting is now 1min 5 seconds.
What is the fastest sd-card that can be used with this Istar? If i could decrease the writing to disktime it would benefit me a lot.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Felix_the_Cat
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Felix
Company Details: Lockheed Martin
Company Position Title: Senior Member Engineering Staff

Re: speed writing data to sd-card

Post by Felix_the_Cat »

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I am getting into our istar and find this to be a nuisance with the supplied card.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: speed writing data to sd-card

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

yep,

they also tested this but there is no particular difference between faster cards.

This is what support mailed me.

"Using a faster card may slightly decrease time-taken overall, but any difference is likely to be fairly minimal as the actual writing to card is a relatively quick part of the process. We've always supplied 80MB/s cards with iSTAR Fusion as the recommended card - I'll be able to source a 95MB/s card tomorrow to briefly test and let you know what I find. I'm afraid that I don't have anything larger than that to test with, I actually would recommend that you avoid things like the 300MB/s card by Sandisk as I suspect that this might cause compatibility issues with this product. Of course, feel free to try such a card, but if you did experience issues in using it we wouldn't be able to support this."

My problem is the waiting time between positions, nothing to do about this i'm afraid. I also think that this product is no longer of interest to them so nothing happens anymore (like no further firmware upgrades).
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “VR Virtual Reality”