V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: ELYSIUM InfiPoints

Post by TommyMaddox »

We're evaluating it now, and will likely be the first US users of it. I've been in communication with them about several matters for 3 months. If you have any technical questions and such, I'd be happy to answer them. I even encouraged them to get a presence here on the forum, so I'm very happy that they have done so.
Shunshun1209
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Shun Higashide
Company Details: Elysium Co. Ltd.
Company Position Title: Global Business Analyst

Post by Shunshun1209 »

Hi Tommy,

From the Japanese team, on behalf of Elysium, we are glad that you have been touch with our US team to evaluate our software InfiPoints!

Please let us know if you have any technical questions as well and hope to work together in the coming days!!
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by RobM »

Hi,

I actually wanted to try InfiPoints as the video looked promising.
After requesting a trial version all I got was some "viewer" file which consisted of an excel sheet with macros. Needless to say that if we invest in a software (and laserscanning software usually costs more than a few hundred bucks) I expect to see a little more then some excel files.

We now moved on to looking into VRMesh, Realworks, Edgewise and 3DReshaper to find a suitable solution.
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by TommyMaddox »

I've got the full functioned trial access right now. If there is anything you're wanting to see done quickly, let me know and I can accommodate you.

It was a fairly lengthy process to get the full trial access, but based on our results it absolutely blows our current SCENE/Kubit/Virtusurv/Plant3d/Recap etc... workflow out of the water by a considerable margin. Totally worth going through the process.

Just let me know if you had any questions or wanted to see screenshots or videos.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

TommyMaddox wrote:based on our results it absolutely blows our current SCENE/Kubit/Virtusurv/Plant3d/Recap etc... workflow out of the water by a considerable margin.
I'd love to hear your review. There doesn't seem to be much info about this software out there and I'm afraid that when I look at what's on their website and see all the "Automatically does..." bullet points my brain subconsciously translates that to "Fails horribly when things get complex." I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Jed
Shunshun1209
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Shunshun1209 »

Thank you all for your interest in InfiPoints.
Since we would like all users to efficiently use the software during the full version trial,
we would first like to have discussions based on your needs and give you a live/video demo and introduction.

I will be more than happy to have a discussion so please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Shun
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by RobM »

Hi Shun,

based on the conversation we already had via email, I might want to suggest making it easier for people to try your software.
As for me, I didn't really see a point in continuing our conversation as I usually get to test software in my personal time when I am not at work. At work I barely have enough time to finish my projects since we have a lack of staff right now.
That doesn't mean that I don't like what I've seen on your promo video. But if I have to beg to get a trial, and need to fill out a Q&A and a mandatory video session first, its just not worth the (private) time. And, in that case, I just cannot tell my boss to invest in a software I wasn't able to test first.

So maybe, If in the future, you are able to supply a trial I'd be more than happy to test it, and might just recommend it.
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by TommyMaddox »

jedfrechette wrote:
TommyMaddox wrote:based on our results it absolutely blows our current SCENE/Kubit/Virtusurv/Plant3d/Recap etc... workflow out of the water by a considerable margin.
I'd love to hear your review. There doesn't seem to be much info about this software out there and I'm afraid that when I look at what's on their website and see all the "Automatically does..." bullet points my brain subconsciously translates that to "Fails horribly when things get complex." I'd love to be proven wrong though.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you or anyone else has. I've processed several projects with it at this point, and have begun compiling time metrics and performance/usability results, especially compared with our current workflow.

There are always good and bad aspects to any software package, but the defining factor in my opinion is always how receptive and eager the developers are to incorporate suggested features and improvements into the software, as well as resolving any workflow issues as they arise.

As for reviews, I will probably start working on a video series shortly, to highlight features and go over practical workflow and usability. I'm very blunt, so you don't have to worry about me being a 'shill' so to speak.
Shunshun1209
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Shunshun1209 »

jedfrechette wrote:
To add, we will be happy to perform benchmark if you have any sample data so please let us know!!

Return to “Elysium”