I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Liam Doris
Company Details: Sweco
Company Position Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Registering internal rooms with building exterior

Post by liamd »

I'm prepping for an upcoming job surveying some existing plant rooms and would like to undertake laser scans of the rooms to bring back to our engineering team. The DPI-8X looks perfect for this application and the workflow flexibility is great.

Ideally I would like to be able to locate these individual room scans within our wider site BIM model - to do this I will need to traverse the internal scans to the outside of the building so that these can be registered.

I've watched the video of the integration with a ZEB REVO which would be perfect, but taking a second bit of scanning equipment with me probably isn't feasible. Is there any reason I couldn't do this using only the DPI-8X, overlapping the plant room surveys with a scan that took me to the outside of the building, provided I close the scan back to my start point and use some April tags along the way?

Thanks
cahern3d
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Chris Ahern
Company Details: DotProduct
Company Position Title: VP of Sales and Marketing
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Registering internal rooms with building exterior

Post by cahern3d »

Catching up on a long missed post here, sorry we never got back to you before! FYI - Please see below for a video tutorial on how to register two overlapping DP scans within Dot3D using AprilTags. I believe this is exactly what you were looking for here. I hope the project worked out for you!

www.dotproduct3d.com/apriltagregistration

Return to “DotProduct”