GEOSLAM LAUNCHES DESKTOP V3

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

GEOSLAM LAUNCHES DESKTOP V3

Post by Jason Warren »

GeoSLAM is delighted to announce the launch of Desktop V3, the latest release of their industry leading SLAM registration software.

GeoSLAM Desktop V3 builds on the success of the popular local desktop version of their SLAM processing software that was released at the start of 2016. Whilst maintaining the simplicity and ease of use of the initial software, V3 now provides users with increased functionality to view, edit, and define results.

Desktop V3 now incorporates a 2D and 3D viewer such that registered point clouds can be immediately viewed without moving to third-party software. Furthermore, if the ZEB-CAM camera accessory is used, it is possible to visualise the synchronised imagery alongside the point cloud within the viewer. This additional contextual information proves incredibly valuable for feature identification within the point cloud.

For the first time, it is now possible for users to modify and improve SLAM registration results. Following the implementation of user definable SLAM parameters, the user can now optimise processing to suit the environment in which data was collected. Users can choose from a range of parameters including bounding box size, place recognition, loop closure, and the ability to end processing early. Such advancements now put the power of data processing directly into the hands of the user.

Once point cloud registration has been optimised, Desktop V3 allows users to select from a large range of output options including format, point & spatial decimation, normal, time-stamping and point rendering. This wide array of user-defined outputs allows for ever-greater integration with third-party point cloud post processing packages.

Mark Reid, VP of Product Management at GeoSLAM, says “Our customers love the simplicity and ease of GeoSLAM Desktop, but they want more than just a SLAM processing engine. Version 3 builds upon the success of previous versions, but adds so much more functionality. For the first time, users can view, modify, and export point clouds from within the same software. We think V3 is going to be hugely popular, with existing and new customers alike.”

For more information please visit http://www.geoslam.com or email [email protected].
GeoSLAM1.jpg
GeoSLAM2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
tbwester
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Thad Wester
Company Details: Clarity Scanning
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: GEOSLAM LAUNCHES DESKTOP V3

Post by tbwester »

Sweet.

I wish! they had gone with a 360 camera instead of a gopro. Same price camera, but the 360 imagery would really take this to the next level.
Brett
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Brett D
Company Details: Omega Geomatics
Company Position Title: Director

Post by Brett »

Installed this yesterday. Even without the Zeb cam the 3d preview feature is really handy.

Stuart has done a good video showing the new features:

youtu.be/IUyCzxS-BHc]
Sent from my Sinclair ZX Spectrum+ using tapatalk
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Scott »

It's impossible not to be impressed with this technology, even with its present limitations. Is it good enough? Yes, probably for many things, but not everything. It's one to watch carefully... -oh, how does it do with bright and shiny objects?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GeoSLAM”