Geoslab hub 6.01 someone to process a small data set

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Geoslab hub 6.01 someone to process a small data set

Post by VXGrid »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:46 am [...]
Martin,

I have to disagree on this one. These products aren't your typical consumer electronic stuff. I don't think a Liebherr excavator wouldn't have replacement parts after 5 years. The comparison with a car isn't right.

I know for sure when my riegl needs a replacement part in 10 years, they wil have it available. Not all manufactorers deal this way, i know. That's why i'm staying away from them.
Lieven,

Sorry that my comparisons are a miss.

I mean if the manufacturer is buying certain things from a third party to assemble a new product and the third party stops manufacturing their product and there are no comparable objects available, how do you deal with that stuff?
Sure the manufacturer can purchase a certain amount beforehand, but are electronics getting better being stored for years?

Riegl might have the advantage that they are building everything themselfs, and if they stopped manufacturing one neccessary item, they could just slap in an improved XYZ, instead of relying on third parties.

If it is more expensive to find replacement parts + getting the unit fixed, than assembling a new unit I can surly understand why they are going that way.
If they have no other choice due to third party dependencies, sure I'm no fan of that either, but I can understand that they acted like they did.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Ioannis »

So geoslam must inform their clients that in 4-5 years if they buy HORIZON maybe not have spare parts and the need to trade it or replace it.
For sure LEICA that has BLK 4 years now it has programs (not locked to its hardware) and spare parts availiable.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by VXGrid »

Ioannis wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:25 am So geoslam must inform their clients that in 4-5 years if they buy HORIZON maybe not have spare parts and the need to trade it or replace it.
For sure LEICA that has BLK 4 years now it has programs (not locked to its hardware) and spare parts availiable.
My point here is:
  • I am not an employee of GeoSLAM, so I dont know how man spare parts of devices they have.
  • The Zeb 1 is no longer sold, nor maintained in hardware & software.
  • the blk2go and the blk as well as the zeb horizon are still sold, which means new units are produced, which means, spare parts are available.
  • leica on the other hand doesnt let you out of the leica product world that easily. with geoslam you have hub which produces a las/laz/e57/ply.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

When i buy gear that costs 50k i want it to run for at least 8 years. Period.
If they cannot garantee this in written or through other peoples experiences i will not buy.
We are the customer, and till this day he's always right;-)
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
@HDSCharlie
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Charlie Cropp
Company Details: Correvate UK
Company Position Title: Inbound Sales Manager

Post by @HDSCharlie »

Ioannis wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:39 am Hello,
I am user of geoslam zeb1 and untill now i buy credits from geoslam to process my data sets.
I was thinking to buy the desktop hub program but I am not sure if version of desktop geoslam hub 6.01 works with older data from zeb1.
Geoslam tries to sell me the new one zeb-revo with desktop hub program and reply to me that does not work with older data.

Can anyone please check if you can process my attached data (is a small project of 40mb) with their own desktop geoslam program?

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://we.tl/t-G8Bx8zGY0k
Hi there,

We are due in late November to release a new variant of our existing Cloud Registration Service which will take all mobile/SLAM data formats. We offer our services in a Pay As You Go mechanism, plus you can test for free using our Free Trial. Take a peek at www.vercator.com or DM me!

BR, Charlie
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

VXGrid wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 am
[*]The Zeb 1 is no longer sold, nor maintained in hardware & software.
And that is a disgrace to all the buyers. Especially when Geoslam made a fortune with these bloody credits which was an appealing way of cashing.
My 2ct
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by VXGrid »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:24 am
VXGrid wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 am
[*]The Zeb 1 is no longer sold, nor maintained in hardware & software.
And that is a disgrace to all the buyers. Especially when Geoslam made a fortune with these bloody credits which was an appealing way of cashing.
My 2ct
Seems like we think shady business practices are starting at different points.
:lol:

But after all the offtopic:
Ioannis wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:39 am [...]

Can anyone please check if you can process my attached data (is a small project of 40mb) with their own desktop geoslam program?

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://we.tl/t-G8Bx8zGY0k
As you already mentioned, the hardware and software are locked to each other, meaning you can't process other scanners' data, even if this is possible I'd assume due to changed sensors between the Zeb1 and the Rev/Horizon the processing wouldn't get the clouds together.

Best bet might be Vercator indeed.
ektoras
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ektoras Avgitidis
Company Details: Terrestrial Laser Scanners
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer

Post by ektoras »

Ioannis wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:48 pm ''Isn't that normal manufacturer behaviour?''

VXGrid are you seriοus enough or not?

You think year 2015 is old enough to go to scrap and have spent aproximatelly 35.000 euro?
Hello Yannis,

I see there is a long discussion about different topics. Can you contact GeoSLAM support team for the questions related to your product please. This is a forum about general questions people may have and I am not sure if this is the right place where people can support you with either processing your data-sets or provide you answers about hardware related issues you might have with your product. It might be something simple, such as a firmware update or something complicated that needs the technical stuff of GeoSLAM to have a look at.

To be able to answer to your questions, we will need a bit more information about your product - such as your software licence, the serial number of your unit as well as the log files from both hardware and/or the softare to understand a bit better the nature of the issue you have been having - related either with the processing of your data or the behaviour of the unit. Kindly, contact GeoSLAM support team ([email protected]) and so we can be able to help you with the difficulties you currently are facing.

Regards,
Ektoras

Return to “GeoSLAM”