V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nick Bush
Company Details: NOVAMECH
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: novamech5
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Basic - Angle Measurement Tool

Post by NOVAMECH »

Just hoping that someone could help me use the Basic - Angle Measurement Tool. I have never been able to get this to give me an angle. Any help would be great - Thanks Nick
At present what you can see are - Angle Fetchers, which is not really what I want.
POLYWORKS BASIC angle.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Re: Basic - Angle Measurement Tool

Post by jedfrechette »

This tool gives you the angle between 2 vectors that are fit to temporary points you anchor in the scene so it's a little more complex than the pick 3 points angle measurements you get in other software.

When you choose the Basic Angle tool then start left clicking in the scene you are anchoring points that will be used to fit the first vector. At a minimum you need two points, but you can anchor as many as you want. A red line indicating the vector that has been fit to your anchored points is shown in the 3D viewport and will update as you anchor more. When you're happy with the vector right click to finalize it.
v1.jpg
Next start anchoring points that define your second vector. As soon as you've anchored two the angle measurement will render in the viewport. Once again you can anchor as many points as you want to define the second vector.
v2.jpg
When you're done, right click to finalize it and the angle measurement object will be permanently added to the scene.
v3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jed
NOVAMECH
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nick Bush
Company Details: NOVAMECH
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: novamech5

Re: Basic - Angle Measurement Tool

Post by NOVAMECH »

THANK YOU !! I will give it a try