V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nick Bush
Company Details: NOVAMECH
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: novamech5
Linkedin Profile: Yes

PolyWorks - Comparison Points

Post by NOVAMECH »

Hi There - does anyone know if its possible to change the orientation of a Comparison Point - these were taken while inspecting a larget fibreglass Truck Body mould. As you can see these defaulted to the vertical face - while I was trying to measure to the TOP LIP horizontal face. However, I was 50m from the computer so could not see which face I was measuring to. Never been able to get the Polyworks TALISMAN app to work

Here is how we set the job out and the LEICA AT402 ready to measure.NOTE: the chalk lines took more time to mark out - than the actual measure - 1674 points were measured over a 10 hour day. To an accuracy of 0.05mm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xyzaxis2000
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Robert M
Company Details: KUKA
Company Position Title: Inspection Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: PolyWorks - Comparison Points

Post by xyzaxis2000 »

I have also ran into similar situations.

Here is how i was able to get the correct surface.

Always back up your original workspace. Move the surface that conflicts to a different CAD layer or delete it. toggle on or off in tree view.

once the surface is gone, comparison points should automatically go to the right surface.
1.jpg
2.jpg
33jpg.JPG
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “PolyWorks”