LC processing work flow

Discuss Z+F Laser Control software here.
Andrej
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrej
Company Details: Meixner Vermessung and Freelancer
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

LC processing work flow

Post by Andrej »

Hi

I have LC 8.6 demo for the next 1.5 weeks for testing with HDS7000. I am trying to understand the processing work flow and compare it with Cyclone and Realworks. I am limited to 5 scan for processing but this is fine to understand the work flow.

I like to know some background how LC works

1. are all filtering, cleaning and targeting are stored in the ZFS files?
2. Does LC match automatically total station control to automatic targets found or do I need to rename them all singly?
3. Can I register scan to each other in using only automatic found targets without renaming them and doing Plan to Plan registration?
4. Using ScanTra, does it compares scan in-between or only the once in a line (1 to 2 2 to 3 ...)?
5. Preregistered Scan is greyed out why is this only for 5010X data?
6. Is it possible to remove targets / constrains from the registration
7. The automated target finding from B&W targets is showing the centre in the 2D view not exactly in the centre is this a display issue or a wrong finding?

Any help would be appreciated

Andrej
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christoph Held
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Christoph Held
Company Details: Zoller+Froehlich GmbH
Company Position Title: Z+F Team

Re: LC processing work flow

Post by Christoph Held »

Hi Andrej

The current version is 8.7. I recommend to test this version, to make use of the new functions. There were quite a few things especially regarding registration. Please contact myself c.held(at)zf-laser.com or our support via email for a demo version.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, all Filters are stored as masks inside the scan file. It is a non-destructive process. Any manual cleaning work is also non-destructive and can be undone. Targets are stored inside the scan and project file.
2. All found targets can be automatically named according to survey control data
3. Yes, no need to name any targets as long as there are 3 or more visible in each scan. Targets can be used with the Plane-to-Plane module as well.
4. Scantra is able to do a global adjustment of all scan connections.
5. Sorry I didn’t understand the question. Please contact me directly
6. Yes, you can remove targets or exclude them from a registration
7. This is most likely a rendering issue. You can check the target in 3D if in doubt.

I hope this information was of help to you. Please contact us directly If you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Chris

Return to “Z+F Laser Control”