V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gabrio Rossi
Company Details: Intellegere srl
Company Position Title: technical director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

SW price list

Post by gabrio »

Hi all. Hope to be in the correct section.
As someone else said, and I totally agree, it's difficult to know the price of the laserscanning stuff, both hw and sw. But nowdays we're in the time of the clear price everywhere. Look at the Leica Autodesk product BLK360. We all know the price.
What do you think about a topic like this:
in the subject is the name of the product (brand + model) and
in the body of the message info about the price: year and country, price.
What do you think? Should be helpful?
ciao
arch. Gabrio Rossi, MRICS
[email protected]

Passaggio dei Canonici Lateranensi n. 4
24121 Bergamo - Italy

+39.035.601.1492
southamd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: David Southam
Company Details: Faro UK
Company Position Title: Regional Manager EU North

Re: SW price list

Post by southamd »

Hi, I totally understand your frustration with this topic.
Unfortunately, from a manufacturer point of view we very rarely give defined pricing on websites as it can cause confusion (what do I get for this price?), nowadays people who invest in scanning equipment purchase a solution that can include hardware, software, software plug ins, accessories, maintenance and the list goes on. Hardware and software specs and prices are changing on a monthly basis with many of the key players so the list would be out of date within days. All of the key players can provide written quotations within hours of requesting through the website, or if you call your local account manager they will give ball park figures for budget reasons. Hope this is some help
Regards Dave
David Southam| 3D Documentation Regional Manager Europe North
Faro Technologies UK Ltd.
Mobile: +44 (0)7794512714| Fax: +44 (0)2476 23 61 50
Nasdaq: FARO | [email protected] |
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

I think this will change soon as rental/subscription models become more the norm (as an option in addition to outright purchases), and pricing becomes more visible.

Permanent SW purchases, as part of a solution are sometimes negotiable (hence the price can be quite variable), in fact some of the major players often "give away" their core software now which just reduces the perception of its value in the market...and the willingness of people to pay for it.

Bear in mind that pricing has a lot to do with regional variations, local taxes and rules too...
max72
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Massimo De Marchi
Company Details: Massimo De Marchi
Company Position Title: freelancer
Skype Name: massimo_de_marchi

Post by max72 »

That's a very tricky aspect...
I understand that there are variations, but an indicative price tag both for hardware and software would be nice.
Moreover getting in touch with a representative is often a complex and painful experience. Sometimes you are simply ignored (it happened to me in 2003 with Leica when purchasing my first DGPS), sometimes you cannot get rid of the seller...
For sure a seller must be contacted, but a starting point is important.

For example in the registration (and C2C) discussion Cyclone has been cited as an alternative to Scene. I didn't know it's a viable solution, but interesting for sure. I had not the faintest idea about the price tag, and that put me off. An indicative price tag would help me decide if it's worth investigating further or set aside the idea for the moment.

A couple of examples:
Meshing a cloud:
Geomagic is about 20k, but Wrap is about 7k. Sequoia is 3k, and Vrmesh Studio is 5k, but Survey is 2k. Are there alternatives? In case knowing if they are in the 5k or in the 20k range would help.

DGPS:
A single unit is in the 5-10K, double it for the base-rover configuration. If you start from scratch a total station is almost mandatory (3-5k).

Massimo
ing. Massimo De Marchi - +39 347 32 17 049 - www.studiodemarchi.net
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

max72 wrote:That's a very tricky aspect...
I understand that there are variations, but an indicative price tag both for hardware and software would be nice.
Moreover getting in touch with a representative is often a complex and painful experience. Sometimes you are simply ignored (it happened to me in 2003 with Leica when purchasing my first DGPS), sometimes you cannot get rid of the seller...
For sure a seller must be contacted, but a starting point is important

Massimo
Therefore the ability to purchase via a web-store either rental/subscription or permanent licenses will need to become easier and slicker for the end user, much like games and software can be bought through STEAM etc. We as providers will need to become more transparent in our pricing strategies. Look at the web shop for Leica IMS Map360 (http://ims.leica-geosystems.com/ims-map360)...

You can see the beginnings of such a shift with the BLK360 strategy too, something we have been doing with DISTO, 3D DISTO and LINO for some time.

I think it will be very interesting to see how rapidly this change occurs.
gabrio
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gabrio Rossi
Company Details: Intellegere srl
Company Position Title: technical director

Post by gabrio »

my same thoughts, paul. look at autodesk sw. ten years ago was impossibile to know about the price of auto ad or revit. three years ago started an easy e-shop with price per seats and now price per year as a rent. last year we bought our first laser scanner and it was impossible to do a business plan becomes we can't figured out cost. so we're going slower than we can becouse no information is high risk. so i trust in the market rules and transparency is one of the fundamental. i never gone to a Ferrari shop to buy a car. first a buy a car magazine with the price list of the car and then i investigate some models. no wasting time for me, no wasting time for the sellers. as massimo said, easy and clear info should be a boost for laserscanning world. local taxes, local market, time are all strong assumptions and for that i suggested to write brand-model-price-nation-year. and of course i think everyone know about the basic economic rules. if i am a smal firm buying one laser scanner every five years i can't get the final price and the discount policy of a big construction company that buy 5 machine every year. but at least i have a benchmark. keep on sharing your thoughts, guys.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
arch. Gabrio Rossi, MRICS
[email protected]

Passaggio dei Canonici Lateranensi n. 4
24121 Bergamo - Italy

+39.035.601.1492

Return to “Product Comparison”