[FEATURE REQUEST] Purge Deleted Points

Discuss Veesus software here, including those for Arena4D and the plug-ins for SolidWorks and Rhino.
jheadmears
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Head-Mears
Company Details: Lester Franks
Company Position Title: Graduate Surveyor
Skype Name: james.head-mears
Linkedin Profile: Yes

[FEATURE REQUEST] Purge Deleted Points

Post by jheadmears »

I've noticed that deleted points remain in the VPC file, essentially being hidden, and can be recovered if required which is a good safety feature. However, I would like to request a purge data feature that removes the deleted from the VPC file reducing the overall size of the VPC file.
Mark Christy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Christy
Company Details: Veesus Ltd Arena4D.
Company Position Title: Technology Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Purge Deleted Points

Post by Mark Christy »

Hi James,

There is no quick way to permanently delete the points because of the file structure required for the high speed visualisation.

However you can make a copy of the point cloud in Arena4D which will make you a new VPC file which is the same as the old one, minus the deleted (masked) points, and therefore smaller in size.

When you have finished editing your point cloud simply click (SELECT ALL) in the editing pane and then (COPY) under the process options. Once it has finished you can save your project to import the new VPC into the repository OR right click on the point cloud and select (EXPORT) to copy the VPC file to a new location. If you don't do one of these then the copy will be deleted when the software exits as it will currently reside in a temp folder.

Many Thanks

Mark

Return to “Veesus”