V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Gadowski
Company Details: Transport for London
Company Position Title: Senior Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Combined Low Res C10 scans & iSTAR images

Post by danielgadowski »

colhum1 wrote:ColourCloud adds more points to the input scan and matches it with iSTAR resolution (10000 x 5000). It interpolates the missing scan point data with the image pixels. There are 3 options in this mode as shown in the screen grabs . Although this makes an ideal pointcloud for fly-throughs and visuals its obviously not ideal for detailed measurements.
I'm told it will 'fill in' mirrors and reflective surfaces that normally appear as holes but haven't tried that yet.
The scanner picked out the lamp-posts and heads easily as there was nothing but sky behind, the software added, interpolated the light and flare as it appeared in the image.
That's my understanding, however, I think it adds another dimension to the Cyclone view.
Colin
This sounds like a dangerous business to me, making up points from photos... But it might work for some aplications i suppose.
PDXBPA
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Kenneth Jones
Company Details: Portland Police Bureau
Company Position Title: Criminalist
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Combined Low Res C10 scans & iSTAR images

Post by PDXBPA »

Looks great. The idea of low res scans for the dome and then using the scan window for items of interest is something I'm looking forward to testing with the IStar when we get it.

Return to “VR Virtual Reality”