V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brian Boehmer
Company Details: Meridian Eng.
Company Position Title: LiDAR Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

ColourCloud crashing

Post by brian715 »

Anyone else experience frequent crashes when batch colorizing in ColourCloud? I have exported all of my .e57 files from Scene and am colorizing them in the standalone ColourCloud 1.10. It crashed after about 4-5 scans have been processed each time. Annoying to have to babysit something like this. defeats the purpose of "batch". The reason I am doing it this way is because ColourCloud seems to produce much better colorization than using the scene plugin. The areas where there are not points are always different colors when I use the scene plugin. I've gotten anything from dull green to pink, but when I use ColorCloud they are always black. Much better for presentation. Working with both Faro and NCTech at the moment in hopes of resolving the real issue, which is that we want to use the whole image for the panoramic in the Webshare2Go. Manually creating each image in the 8 different sizes isn't a real option, as most of our projects are over 150 scans and we just don't have that kind of time to spend doing that. Sorry for the long rant, any comment about any of these things is helpful. TIA

Return to “VR Virtual Reality”