I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Mark McNulty
Company Details: KS Associates
Company Position Title: Survey Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

Edgewise Point Color

Post by markmc »

We are using a Leica C10 and Cyclone to process scans. I then export to ptg and process scans in Edgewise. The issue is that the scans were acquired with imagery. When I import them into edgewise they are too dark. (Room is in a plant with low lighting.) Edgewise doesn't seem to have any useful tools to deal with this. I also tried e57 with same result. I also deleted the images before registering but the value must be added to the point at acquisition. Any suggestions?
brian715
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brian Boehmer
Company Details: Meridian Eng.
Company Position Title: LiDAR Technician

Re: Edgewise Point Color

Post by brian715 »

Not a Leica guy, but you should be able to use the intensity values if the colorization makes the points too dark. Is there not a separate process for colorization of the point cloud with Cyclone?
markmc
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Mark McNulty
Company Details: KS Associates
Company Position Title: Survey Technician

Post by markmc »

There are no tools to handle this in Edgewise. As far as I can tell, ptg and e57 files use he rgb value from the associated image. If there are no images then an intensity value is used which is why I tried to register the scans with the images deleted.
brian715
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brian Boehmer
Company Details: Meridian Eng.
Company Position Title: LiDAR Technician

Post by brian715 »

In Faro Scene, the colorization occurs in the pre-processing of the scan data, along with distance filters and other edge detection filters and so on, not during the registration. Registration only does the stitching of the scans together. There is probably a setting or option in Cyclone that will allow you to remove the color from the scans, not delete the pictures, actually change the point cloud from RBG to intensity. .e57 knows both the intensity and the RBG value, however I don't think that edgewise has any tools to change that.

Return to “ClearEdge3D”