UNDET Browser | It is worth to see for everyone FARO WebShare cloud service user

Discuss Undet software here.
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: UNDET Browser | It is worth to see for everyone FARO WebShare cloud service user

Post by mariusP »

Jason Warren wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:58 pm Hi Marius,
Please let me know if its possible for me to create custom .Net tools in AutoCAD, that will allow me to create commands that will integrate with the UNDET browser?
Many thanks,

Jason
Undet doesn't have API. I will ask colleges to prepare the demo instruction with UNDET browser Script tool, in which you can use your own written scripts.

What functionality is missing? Which would you like to program yourself?
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

:arrow: www.undet.com
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: UNDET Browser | It is worth to see for everyone FARO WebShare cloud service user

Post by Jason Warren »

Hi Marius,
I cant say what functionality is missing because I`m not a yet an UNDET user ;)

But I am interested to know if a user can create custom tools for say Measured Building Surveys, Utility Surveys or even topo`s using AutoCAD`s .Net and the UNDET + browser.

Example 1. Rooms Areas.
User is prompted in UNDET browser to pick two points along each wall line, then the app auto fillets the wall lines to close the room. The area of the room is calculated and a text block is automatically placed in the centre of the room showing the room area.

Example 2. Room Levels/Heights.
User is prompted to pick in UNDET browser:
1. Room Floor Level
2. Room Ceiling Height
3. User is then prompted in AutoCAD for placement of a floor level marker.
4. User is then prompted in AutoCAD for placement of a ceiling level or height marker.

There are many more things that would simplify the processing of bread and butter LPA drawings.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
Simon Judd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: simon judd
Company Details: Precision Air Surveys Limited
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Simon Judd »

Jason

We use Undet & the Undet browser to enhance our workflows in many ways.

I have written enhancements using Script files in the Undet browser, Lisp routines that pause for input, .net functions and command line scripts linked to a pallete in autocad.

All of these can talk with the Undet browser when looking to parse a coordinate location to the routines.

an example for measured building surveys is to click the window cill/head in the undet browser and have the X/Y coordinate position a text block, and have the Z value add a Floor to cill and cill to head dimension or a direct world Z values if the user chooses.

Other neat tools is to have autocad zoom to the location clicked in undet (simple but effective) or placing doors and window blocks (plus any other) by clicking in Undet broswer and have the first click as a location placement and the second click to control the dimension of the door (UCS is also set.

Using this approach i would assume that most useful bespoke tools can be utilised.

When using the Undet script for simple commands you parse the X,Y and Z values with the following syntax. {0},{1},{2} with {1} representing x and so on and use a space to initiate a return.

eg. run a lisp routine etc and when pausing for user input you can have the undet script setting as {0},{1},{2}<space> to send the 3d coordinates to the waiting command.

The great think about all of this is that you do not need to load any point cloud in Autocad to use these functions, just a login to Websharecloud.

I hope that all of this waffle made some sense, I am sure that with a trial version you, and any else for that matter, will find it fairly straightforward to add enhancements to your workflow.

Simon
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

Instead of Faro Scene Web Share, how about TruViews, locally hosted ones via IE!? Your sales would go through the roof.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

Thank you Simon for your detailed reply, I will take a good look and play around with UNDET when I get some free time... ;)
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
scott.diaz
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Scott Diaz
Company Details: FARO Technologies
Company Position Title: Business Development

Post by scott.diaz »

Pretty cool feature to connect from WebShare Cloud! Yes macros can be quite powerful and would be a cool addition. I think this link to "send to" videos will give you an idea of what some are trying to achieve on this thread. The AutoCAD macros can get pretty creative for the lisp and CAD nerds. FARO added macro creation capability in the new AsBuilt Modeler product. We formerly supported this in our old VirtuSurv program. Much you can do without even having a point cloud in the design system

https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As- ... lt_Modeler (Click the Video tab and look for "Send to" videos)
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

mariusP wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:13 am Sharing UNDET Browser functionality video on AutoCAD.

Most important that Undet Browser has two-way communication between SCENE WebShare cloud and Undet plugins.

You can easily:
  • Draw points in AutoCAD by clicking them in UNDET Browser.
  • Easily generate picture of interest and mark it’s position in AutoCAD project.
  • Translate (shift) current view section (Clipping box) to preferred place.
  • Change AutoCAD project elevation.
  • Locate Scans station view from the SCENE WebShare cloud: By picking a point cloud point or Scan station center.

youtu.be/yDOTDol_jcA
Now, these UNDET Browser features, which were available only for FARO WebShare cloud users can be used with local UNDET projects using throw Undet for AutoCAD & Revit plugins.
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

mariusP wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 pm
mariusP wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:13 am Sharing UNDET Browser functionality video on AutoCAD.

Most important that Undet Browser has two-way communication between SCENE WebShare cloud and Undet plugins.

You can easily:
  • Draw points in AutoCAD by clicking them in UNDET Browser.
  • Easily generate picture of interest and mark it’s position in AutoCAD project.
  • Translate (shift) current view section (Clipping box) to preferred place.
  • Change AutoCAD project elevation.
  • Locate Scans station view from the SCENE WebShare cloud: By picking a point cloud point or Scan station center.

youtu.be/yDOTDol_jcA
Now, these UNDET Browser features, which were available only for FARO WebShare cloud users can be used with local UNDET projects using throw Undet for AutoCAD & Revit plugins.
Marius

I can see a benefit for the Undet Software for interface with our CAD extraction and Revit. I didn't see a cost for the UNDET BROWSER on the website.
SO are you saying the UNDET Project itself (on our own storage) can be accessed by the browser for integration into the CAD drawing?
I am going to try the trial software to see what kind of results we can get. Are there functions for getting the highest or lowest point in a particular limit box? and can you change the tilt or angular orientation of the limit box to be contrary to your UCS?
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

I didn't see a cost for the UNDET BROWSER on the website. SO are you saying the UNDET Project itself (on our own storage) can be accessed by the browser for integration into the CAD drawing?
Undet Browser is included with Undet Plugins. Now Undet Browser can be used with Undet for Revit & AutoCAD, later this year it will be integrated with Undet for Ares Commander and Undet for SketchUp.
I am going to try the trial software to see what kind of results we can get. Are there functions for getting the highest or lowest point in a particular limit box?
There are drapings tools when you can automatically drape points/lines/blocks to 1) ground mesh surface 2) point cloud to find true ground surface level. Also, there are "Check 3D polyline" & "Check block Z" tools to check each 3Dpolyline vertex, block & points heights, and change It. This function creating a new view section on selected points, and you can easily drag each point position on Z-axis.
and can you change the tilt or angular orientation of the limit box to be contrary to your UCS?
Undet for AutoCAD limit box (view section) size & orientation can be changed very fast and very easily. It is managed using AutoCAD grips and gizmo to resize, move, scale & rotate. To activate and edit the Undet view section there are shortcuts:

CTRL+SHIFT+Q - activate clipping box
CTRL+SHIFT+1 - change view section (limit box) grips orientation

Return to “Undet”