Realworks export Gridded E57 under a new UCS

Discuss Trimble Realworks software here.
Rain
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Yufan Zhang
Company Details: Arup
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Consultant

Realworks export Gridded E57 under a new UCS

Post by Rain »

Basically, what I am trying to do is export my scans as Gridded E57 under a newly created UCS.

I registered all my scans already and they are with true coordinates. However, I need to truncate the point cloud so that it can be used in Revit in the end as Revit is not able to handle large coordinate. Therefore, I created a UCS doing the truncation. I want to export the registered point cloud as gridded E57 under the truncation UCS.

I have tried to export them with the truncation UCS active to Gridded E57 but it turns out the Gridded E57s are still under the true coordinate without being truncated by my UCS.

Can someone help me figure out what I should do to get the truncated Gridded E57? Thanks a lot.
JTurgeon
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jeff Turgeon
Company Details: Trimble
Company Position Title: Product Manager Scanning Software
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Realworks export Gridded E57 under a new UCS

Post by JTurgeon »

From your description it sounds like you have your UCS setup for the modified system correctly and only need to set your modified frame as the Home UCS. This is found in the dropdown of the UCS tool on the Edit tab of the ribbon. This additional step overwrites the coordinates of the project so you may want to save a copy, or note the translation values somewhere if you never need to revert to original.

Another option for future cases is to use the Shift Project tool found beside the UCS tool. This is useful if you only need to translate your project and do not need other transformations. Again, this process overwrites the coordinates.

Hope this works for you.

Jeff

Return to “Trimble Realworks”