group registration mess

Discuss all Trimble Realworks related issues here.
blazaj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jiri Blazek
Company Details: BW precision systems sro
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

group registration mess

Post by blazaj » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:29 am

I have following problem with Trimble Realworks:

I register scans inside groups A,B,C - all goes well, scans alligned in each group. Then I register A,B and C together. After a visual check I see scans moved up to couple of cm´s inside original groups. I thought when you have scans in a group and register it together with other groups or scans, it keeps the original position of the scans inside the groups. At least it always worked this way until now. All done with Auto plane based registration.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Jiri

PS I use TRW 11.1.0, now trying to upgrade to 11.1.1, but not sure it´ll solve the issue

tchaper
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Thomas Chaperon
Company Details: Trimble
Company Position Title: Senior software engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: group registration mess

Post by tchaper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello Jiri,

The concept of group in Trimble RealWorks has not changed, groups indeed work as you said.
One question: did you run the 'Auto-Register using Planes' command (from the 'Scan-Based Registration' group in the Registration tab), or did you run the 'Import and Register' command (from the 'Import/Export' group in the Home tab)?
Both commands do automatic registration using planes, but they don't handle groups in the same way:
- the 'Auto-Register using Planes' command will not modify the relative poses between the stations within a group, whereas
- the 'Import and Register' will batch process all the selected groups separately, and hence will compute automatic registration using planes within each group.
I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thomas

blazaj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jiri Blazek
Company Details: BW precision systems sro
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: group registration mess

Post by blazaj » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your answer! I ran it from the Scan Based Registration group. I managed to register the whole bunch in the end. No idea what was the problem, the only thing I did was upgrade to 11.1.1 and a changed 3D settings on my Nvidia Quadro graphic card. I suspect the card displaying false results, but have no proof for it. Strange. I'll see with the next project if it keeps working.

Regards,
Jiri

Return to “Trimble Realworks”