I have made <0 posts
Full Name: McGinn Malcolm
Company Details: Stormbee
Company Position Title: Technical Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

data mobile mapping - analyse deformations

Post by malcolm_mcginn »

hi guys,

For an infrastructure project, we are looking for a software solution which allows to compare different datasets from mobile mapping system.
Client would like to measure roads monthly and compare in order to see deformations more than 5 cm. Is there any software recommended who can handle hugh datasets of mobile mapping systems and can analyse deformations in an easy and fast way? We are not looking for complex software but stand alone solution with minimum training.
regards, Malcolm
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Re: data mobile mapping - analyse deformations

Post by smacl »

malcolm_mcginn wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:33 am hi guys,

For an infrastructure project, we are looking for a software solution which allows to compare different datasets from mobile mapping system.
Client would like to measure roads monthly and compare in order to see deformations more than 5 cm. Is there any software recommended who can handle hugh datasets of mobile mapping systems and can analyse deformations in an easy and fast way?
This is something we can do quickly and easily in SCC and are regularly working with very large mobile datasets. Basically you need to create a reference surface to compare to which can be built from one point cloud. This reference model can then be used to generate relative height differences for roads, or 3d separations for tunnels, for the comparison model. The video below covers a lot of this process but relates more to pothole detection and analysis. We've recently helped another client identify and document all the deformations on a large motorway survey using a similar process.

youtu.be/lwgrO-WbGXs
We are not looking for complex software but stand alone solution with minimum training.
SCC is a big package but the workflow required here can be taught in a couple of hours with no prior knowledge of the software. If you want to send me a pair of sample jobs in the same coordinate system I can put together a short video illustrating the steps.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
Phill
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phillip Nixon
Company Details: SKM
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by Phill »

We've used Topodot for something similar. It finds potholes and rutting, but only on one dataset. Not sure if it comparisons.

Also you can use cloud compare in a batch process mode, eg subdivide it into digestible portions and batch cloud compare from the command line. This is what I would probably do.
studioMT
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Matteo Tartaglini
Company Details: Studio Tecnico MT
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor
Skype Name: geom.tartaglini

Post by studioMT »

Hello...
We had a test with Opsis-Scan software....maybe can be useful for your need!!
Let's have a watch https://www.opsis-scan.com/

bye

MT

Return to “Meshing Software”