Recap Import Error with Leica RTC360 and Faro Focus Data

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
twheat
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Tom
Company Details: Ridge
Company Position Title: Geospatial Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Recap Import Error with Leica RTC360 and Faro Focus Data

Post by twheat »

Hi,

We have been experiencing an issue with importing Leica RTC360 data and also Faro Focus S data into Recap.

We were having an issue with the RTC where the 360 image was distorted when looking at the scans through the mirror balls. We have updated to Recap V6.0.1.21 which now appears to have fixed this issue.

We are now however getting an error with our Faro Scans, when we try to import these we are getting the error where it isnt able to import scans and it wants to remove them from the import, this happens with all scans. we have tried exporting from Scene as e57, PTS and PTX but still get the same error. We are using Faro Scene 2019.1 (7.4.2.2552)

Has anyone else been getting this issue with the latest version of Recap and Faro Scans?

I have contacted Faro and Autodesk but awaiting a response.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Recap Import Error with Leica RTC360 and Faro Focus Data

Post by VXGrid »

twheat wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am We are now however getting an error with our Faro Scans, when we try to import these we are getting the error where it isnt able to import scans and it wants to remove them from the import, this happens with all scans. we have tried exporting from Scene as e57, PTS and PTX but still get the same error. We are using Faro Scene 2019.1 (7.4.2.2552)
Just to make sure: You get the same error when you try to import the fls files or the Scene lsprj file into ReCap you get the same error code?
If you do that, make sure the latest faro SDK is installed by opening your installed apps and check for FARO LS 1.1.704.2
farosdk.PNG
Are you able to open the e57 in other applications?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twheat
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Tom
Company Details: Ridge
Company Position Title: Geospatial Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Recap Import Error with Leica RTC360 and Faro Focus Data

Post by twheat »

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

We are using the latest SDK as you suggested and it still doesn't work. We can import FLS which will do for the time being but it has a much slower import than the e57.

Thanks

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”