Strange problem with imported E57 into Recap

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
Peder
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Peder Lindbom
Company Details: AIX
Company Position Title: Architect
Linkedin Profile: No

Strange problem with imported E57 into Recap

Post by Peder »

Hello. I am having a strange problem -I have scanned and registered a 424 setup project with Leica BLK360 and Register360. Everything looks fine when I look at the numbers (less than a cm error) and also looks good in the "truesclice" view.

However when I export the E57 file (single file) out of Register 360 and into Recap (taking care to skip the registration step in Recap) I loose precision -scans are approximately in the right place but they are now no longer perfectly registered resulting in "double exposers" Some of the floors and walls are now off up to 100-200mm.

Any idea about the cause and possible remedy?
Peder
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Re: Strange problem with imported E57 into Recap

Post by Peder »

Ok so answering my own question here:
I think I have found a solution and another bug: Might help someone out there:
If I export the setups as separate e57 files I seem to avoid whatever Recap is doing to the file and the registration seems ok and identical to what I have in Register 360.

The new bug:
It seems publishing separate e57 files from Register 360 is not working exactly as it should. It seems that the publish progress bar starts to move along but no files appear in the designated folder at least not until the export is complete. Not sure if the files are invisible or simply not written until the process is finished. On my large project I have been unable to export this way as the program crashes before finishing the export (on a smaller testproject everything worked out.

The weird thing is if I close the program and reopen it and then press the publish command again I am now able to export and the files appear nicely in the target folder.
Peder
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Peder »

Ok another reply to self. The problem does not seem to be related to Recap after all. It seems something is going wrong during export from Register 360. In Cloud Compare and in Faro Scene LT the result is the same as in Recap. The scans dont align properly even though they look fine when checking the Truslice view in Register 360 as well as the report claiming a good result. Has anyone seen something similar?
Recap.jpg
FaroScenenLT.jpg
Cloudcompare.jpg
Register360.jpg
Register360quality.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darius_bd
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Darius Blackdeer
Company Details: ---

Post by Darius_bd »

Maybe you can bring this to Leica's support so they can look further into this? Hopefully you havent deleted some of the scans from the BLK itself?

About Register 360 crashing, it happens the same for me from time to time. Apparently it's related to memory. Not sure if RAM memory or Hard drive memory, because I dont have much of either, but when it runs out the program CTD without any error message.
Matt Young
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matt Young
Company Details: Baker Hicks
Company Position Title: CAD-BIM Lead

Post by Matt Young »

In my personal opinion register 360 is like a companion app for Cyclone register.

I would want to take anything registered in 360 into Cyclone and tighten it all up before exporting to anything else.
If you don't see that there is nothing, then you are kidding yourself.

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”