Few beginner questions ;)

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
Comcad
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: MBoss
Company Details: ENG
Company Position Title: Boss
Linkedin Profile: No

Few beginner questions ;)

Post by Comcad »

Hello, first of all I would like to welcome everybody and thanks for possibility to be part of this Forum !

As a beginner, at least for scanning and register, I choose to use Recap. I did some scans with my Faro Focus 120 and I have some questions :)

1. I did some automatic register for scans - but some scans having Balance on Orange or Red, is there possibility to fix those without removing and one more time importing scans ?

2. I will need to place my scans also in real world coordinates. Is there any chance to take any point and give him position ? In Truview (Leica) I had possibilities to ask about those coordinates. And here, in Recap ?

3. I will probably extend some scans areas, which was already scanned, with other companies, other scanner and registry was done in Cyclone I guess.
Output file are scans in DBs *.imp format and Z+F, also in Database format (for future use in PDMS).
How can I put my scans together with those old one ? What will I need to do that ?

Thanks for answers ;)
Ryan
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ryan Frenz
Company Details: Autodesk
Company Position Title: Engineering Manager - ReCap
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Few beginner questions ;)

Post by Ryan »

Hi, sorry you haven't gotten an answer here. Some notes that might help:
Comcad wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 am I did some automatic register for scans - but some scans having Balance on Orange or Red, is there possibility to fix those without removing and one more time importing scans ?
Sure, just remove the problem scan from the registration group ('X' on the thumbnail while in registration view) and re-register as you wish.
Comcad wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 am I will need to place my scans also in real world coordinates. Is there any chance to take any point and give him position ? In Truview (Leica) I had possibilities to ask about those coordinates. And here, in Recap ?
Sure, while in the registration UI, just select the point and assign it as a survey marker:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-r ... C-htm.html
Comcad wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 am Output file are scans in DBs *.imp format and Z+F, also in Database format (for future use in PDMS).
How can I put my scans together with those old one ? What will I need to do that ?
That depends. In general, you'll just need to get the new data in a supported format, then merge it with the existing project (either via raw import or registering it separately and fusing later).

Hope this helps,
-Ryan
Pmunson322
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Paul J Munson Jr
Company Details: 3D Edge LLC
Company Position Title: 3D Edge LLC
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Few beginner questions ;)

Post by Pmunson322 »

Sure, while in the registration UI, just select the point and assign it as a survey marker:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-r ... C-htm.html

Hope this helps,
-Ryan
[/quote]

Ryan, could you repost the above link pertaining to assigning a survey marker? I can't figure out for the life of me on how to align a scan in ReCap. Someone told me I don't even need targets and that all I have to do is create 3 points and type in the coordinates, based off the CAD file coordinates, so that it aligns to the CAD background. But when I do that nothing seems to happen, very frustrating

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”