Cyclone 3DR: 3D and 2D Plumbness analysis of wall

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
thomasmathey
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Thomas
Company Details: WSP OPUS
Company Position Title: Survey Technician

Cyclone 3DR: 3D and 2D Plumbness analysis of wall

Post by thomasmathey »

Hi, I found a Youtube video on determining the plumbness/verticality of a wall in Leica 3DR (showing deviations). I tried to recreate the output of using point cloud data from Leica P40 of a brick wall near a construction site. I cleaned up the data and created a mesh of the wall. At the end of video I dont get the deviations to display. Has anyone tried doing this in 3DR and had some success? I feel like this is a potential bug. Otherwise please let me know if there is step I'm missing.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLnaIQdmGA

I’ve got a heatmap of the wall and done some vertical planes along the level horizontal.

I’m trying to get it to look like the Youtube example.

Cheers and appreciate any assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nicolas L
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Nicolas LANDRIVON
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: Sales and Support
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cyclone 3DR: 3D and 2D Plumbness analysis of wall

Post by Nicolas L »

Hello

Indeed, it seems that there is a bug in the last version preventing the display of the deviation values with inspected sections extracted from inspected meshes (colored from a direction and from surface analysis).
Sorry for that. We will fix it asap.
In the meantime, you can:
- Select the wall and compute the best vertical plane (Extract best plane, force the normal direction according to your coordinate system). Move the plane if necessary (offset from the wall).
- Make a comparison between the plane and the wall (mesh). Edit the inspection color if needed
- Extract inspected sections with their quotations from the inspected mesh

Regards

Nicolas L
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Just use autocad
Much better imo
Autocad.png
I can do a wall in minutes. Its basically a few rotations to bring the wall to the XY plane, do them smart using the UCS and 3d snap correctly so you dont mess up verticallity. I always use the corners of the wall as a reference points for the XY plane. Then apply elevation grading and edit your range/colors. Do the layout and print. For the quality of your print to be better you need to subsample points so you have only 25M points in RCS. Do this in Cloudcompare, you can even do a noise filter there it helps make things smoother. You can also play with point size and pdf quality. Takes some playing with the print setting but once you got it its smooth salling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Scott.Warren »

Are you adding the legend/Color Ramp as a screen grab from the color map window, or is there a way to add it as a table within Autocad?
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Scott.Warren wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:24 pm Are you adding the legend/Color Ramp as a screen grab from the color map window, or is there a way to add it as a table within Autocad?
We did a screen grab yes. But then generated a block with multiple levels with an edited picture in xref. We can select in a drop down menu different value, manually entered the numbers so it has propper 2.5mm height. Just spent a few hours building a template for our needs

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”